Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment. Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right. Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
Cummins Sales and Service is looking for a capable HR Coordinator. The Human Resource Coordinator provides administrative support to the HR department, assisting with the hiring and onboarding process, entering a high volume of employment records into our HRIS system. A successful candidate will be self-motivated and professional with a strong sense of discretion.
** Position can be located in Sumner, WA, Renton, WA or Portland, OR
Job Responsibilities include;
- Create electronic Employment Action Forms and route for approval per governance matrix
- Update OneSource (HRIS) data, new hire/exit processing for assigned groups.
- Assist HR function with hiring activities, including scheduling interviews, consensus meetings and preparing offer letters.
- Coordinate with Cummins Recruiting for all new hire processes
- Manage DOT random drug-screening process
- Ensure accurate and timely oral and written communication flow within and out of HR department
- Ensure records and files are maintained accurately to allow for easy retrieval
- Serve as a resource to all employees on a broad range of employee issues including HR process, staffing and benefits questions
- Attend all staff meetings, note action items and follow up on completion of tasks.
- Provide administration and planning support for assigned initiatives.
- Conduct exit interviews as assigned.
- With minimal supervision, perform a full range of administrative duties and assigned administrative projects to support Cummins Sales and Service Pacific Region HR function.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Possess high degree of professionalism and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Possess and demonstrate strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Perform duties with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive ability to work effectively and independently in a relatively unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and willingness to be a team player.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Two-year college degree or equivalent professional-level business experience preferred.
- One year Human Resource experience preferred.
- 2 years customer service experience required.
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.