Overview: Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients' success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions...Allied Universal is there for you.
Job Description: DESCRIPTION
Allied Universal is currently seeking a HR Coordinator to be the primary contact for branch management for all general human resources questions, benefit issues, orientation, resolution of payroll discrepancies and interpretation of human resources policies and procedures. Under direction of the Branch Manager with a dotted line to the Human Resources Manager/Director, this hands-on position is responsible for branch-level human resources administration. Also supports the Regional Vice President, Service/Division Managers and Operations Managers. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides day to day general Human Resource support to branch employees and branch management staff, elevating questions and issues to appropriate corporate level R. team as needed.
- Conducts new employee orientation sessions, including application state required guard license training, Livescan fingerprinting, guard card processing, and all new hire paperwork processing.
- Creates and maintains employee personnel, medical, and benefit files; maintains branch I-9 files in accordance with company policies and legal
- Assists Corporate Human Resources with the annual open enrollment process; provides first-line answers to benefit related questions, or working with Corporate benefits to identify answers for employees as
- Oversees administration of company uniform program, including sizing, issuance of uniforms, timely return of uniforms, assistance with replacements, and maintaining all paper and electronic files associated with the program;
- Assists with the workers' compensation claims management, issuing and obtaining claim paperwork, collecting statements, and coordinating with Corporate Human Resources on doctor's notes and return to work programs;
- Receives initial notices from employees and supervisors for leave of absence requests/needs and coordinates with Corporate LOA department to provide initial information, and oversee flow of related paperwork
- Manages all employee WinTeam data entry, including new hire set up and personnel data Coordinates with Payroll to ensure changes are completed properly and responds to questions as needed
- Prepares and processes documents for employees; manages "No Hours" review and dispositioning of employees with assistance from Operations
- Receives inquiries from outside vendor on unemployment claims, utilizing online tools, to provide timely responses
- Processes weekly reports for Corporate HR
- Conducts HR audits on a monthly basis
- Coordinates employee relations programs under direction from Corporate Human Resources
- Assists with various administrative duties as assigned by the Branch management team, and Human Resources Director or Regional Vice President
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical/Mental Requirements and working environment:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent Some college education or business classes desirable
- One to two years Human Resource experience preferred
- Must possess the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; research ability; and mathematical skills. Ability to clearly read, write and speak English required
- Proven excellent customer service skills and ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and computer data entry
- Excellent organizational skills; detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, team player
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and report
- The employee must occasionally walk, reach with hands and arms, and drive a The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps.
- The job is generally performed in various an office setting, and the employee may be subject to related conditions such as dust
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, ) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of business day.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional
Requisition ID: 2016-98133
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.