Do you enjoy using your quantitative and analytical skills to find and solve big problems? Are you interested in driving data-based decisions to tackle strategic challenges? We are looking for someone to do just that in the context of Microsoft's biggest asset - our people. The Human Resources Business Insights (HRBI) Team supports Microsoft HR's global businesses by applying analytics and research to the multi-faceted people agenda. We are looking for a passionate practitioner to partner with our Global Talent Acquisition organization to drive this work across Microsoft's recruiting function.
The ideal candidate is a person with practical broad-based experience in business analysis, and/or graduate school level focus on business administration and analytics. This candidate is also comfortable in a fast-paced environment and capable of juggling multiple initiatives simultaneously often against short time constraints. They are able to flex and reprioritize to adjust to changing business conditions. They have strong collaboration skills but also the confidence and ability to work autonomously. They are an excellent communicator, able to consult with and present insights in a concise and effective manner to a variety of audiences, including senior management. This candidate should also be detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
In this role you will be challenged to:
Apply a breadth of tools and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact people-related business questions.
Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
Decompose high-level information into details and summarize low-level information for general understanding.
Translate findings into succinct, actionable business insights, often in coordination with partners who help you tell a holistic story.
Educate clients on self-service solutions.
Solve sometimes ambiguous business problems by formulating and facilitating solutions that realize the needs and provide for the requirements arising in the organization. Distinguish user requests from true underlying needs. Effectively contract and communicate with customers, partners, and co-workers to define deliverables, timelines, and responsibilities.
Package your work for refresh either on a set schedule or on-demand
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- 5-7 years progressive work experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes; HR experience preferred
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, or Finance
- MBA strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
- Exceptional customer focus and project management skills - able to interact and contract professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong attention to detail and high commitment to accuracy and auditing
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple deliverables, some larger with longer timelines and others requiring immediate attention and completion
- Passionate about client relationships and optimizing impactful analysis-based deliveries with the opportunity to train and promote on thoughtful self-serve solutions
- Polished presentation skills: building meaningful slides, presenting them effectively to senior level clients and management, responding to questions on-the-fly based on in-role business context and acumen
- In-depth experience with Excel including pivot tables, lookups, graphing and charting functionality.
- Excited about technology, including Microsoft products (e.g. Power BI)
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.