The Dow Chemical Company
has a unique opportunity for an influential Senior HR Director, Leadership Development
within the Global HR Center of Expertise, located at Dow's Global Corporate Headquarters in Midland, Michigan. This key role is responsible for creation and delivery of a corporate wide leadership development strategy to fulfill a vision to differentiate Dow as the company with the best leaders. This role is global in scope, and also serves as an internal consultant on leadership development. The role reports to a Global HR Director who is member of Dow's HR Leadership team.
The primary accountability of this role is to support Dow's business growth strategy, by researching, designing and implementing a leadership development strategy that will consistently position Dow as the company with the best leaders. Acting as a thought leader and consultant on best in class leadership development frameworks, the resulting leadership development strategy must create a best in class Employee Experience outcome (work environment, people, and work) resulting in the highest possible employee engagement.
The following explains additional responsibilities and typical activities:
Qualifications Basic Requirements:
- Work influentially across all levels of the organization
- Serve as coach and sounding board to individual leaders working on personal development plans
- Integrate and make recommendations about organizational design parameters that are impacted or can be influenced by leadership development strategy
- Analyze and report on leadership data and research trends to ensure best in class and innovative solutions are continuously integrated into development solutions
- Cultivate a strong external benchmark network with other top organizations and associations
- Use adult learning, instructional and employee design principles to create multiple format (eg. digital, performance, on the job) learning solutions for leaders
- Leverages expertise and provide direction by interfacing with following variety of internal company stakeholders to ensure needed actions are implemented that create leadership's accountability to manage and develop themselves and their teams:
- Corporate Inclusion Councils to assist and drive needed leadership accountability and development that will enable the corporate inclusion strategy
- Global Functional Learning Leaders, to ensure corporate leadership development strategy is integrated into functional people plans
- Human Resources Stakeholder groups eg. HR Global Center of Expertise Leaders and Program Managers, Business & Functional HR Advisors, HR Regional leaders and managers, and HR Solutions Center
- Maintain and apply strong knowledge of innovative learning technologies and design thinking methodologies that will result in:
- The design and implementation of development program requirements and solutions that will ensure a strong and diverse pipeline of leaders who have the accountability and skills to bring success to the growth company
- Builds and fosters relationships across global businesses and functions with proven ability to quickly establish and build relationships in a matrixed organization, gaining credibility and influence at all levels
- Solutions that provide direct and easy access to mobile enabled leaders
- Customizations as needed to support development of leaders at various levels of the organization
- Provide oversight of all leadership development programs including related assessments, selection processes/tools, feed-backing and survey tools, and development initiatives/events
- Create and deliver against an internal and external branding strategy for leadership development that supports global and regional needs, flexible to cultural nuances, and positions Dow for awards and recognition in leadership development
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 10+ years of related professional work experience in HR
- 8+ years of experience as a People Leader and leading teams
- Background in Leadership / Executive Development
- Ability to influence through data driven recommendations with capacity to define, articulate, and market a strategic vision and game plan using data to generate insights and action.
- Strong external orientation with deep expertise in fields of talent management, leadership development and organizational development
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management, up to and including the CEO and external service providers
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Masters in Human Resource, Business or Related Social Sciences
- 15+ years of related professional work experience in HR
- 10+ years of experience as a People Leader and leading teams
- Experience at a fast-paced, dynamic, high tech, innovation thinking, global/international company
- Intercultural knowledge, sensitivities and perspectives as a result of working in a global, multi-regional company which has included a career living and working outside of North America for extended period of time
- Track record of developing and executing broad scale organizational capability in talent management including leadership development and delivering leadership and pipeline development initiatives
- Loves learning and has a knack for bringing external world learning and solutions into the workplace that create success across all generations.
- Experience and knowledge of both instructional design and design thinking principles
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of initiative, creativity and strong bias for action and disciplined execution
- Strong business/finance acumen in understanding how organizations work with ability to anticipate the possible impact ramification of strategies and tactics.
- Excellent project management, planning and analytical skill with strong group facilitation skills
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process. Dow Offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food.