PBM GRAPHICS is seeking an HR Generalist (2) for the Durham plant. The HR Generalist provides support and maintenance of RR Donnelley's Human Resource activities related to assigned employees/locations. Support assigned locations to ensure effective recruiting and staffing, employee relations, compensation, organizational development, training, safety and change management strategies. Fosters employee involvement at all levels.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Administer the employment function, which includes recruiting and screening of applicants.
- Facilitating the use of any temporary employment agencies
- Managing the job posting system for internal/external candidates in accordance with company and legal guidelines.
- Responsible for pro-active employee relations, communication support, and internal management consultation as they related to the Human Resource function
- Responsible for guidance to all employees to insure consistent adherence to HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Effectively support and foster the company's Open Door Policy
- Assist in the development and implementation of all Strategic HR management programs (i.e. employee involvement, hiring, promotional practices, wages structures, and proactive employee relations)
- Assist in managing Worker's Compensation Insurance issues, including making recommendations to facilitate the timely closing of claims.
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or assist in all training activities within the facility (i.e. safety compliance, orientation programs, job knowledge, and leadership performances).
- Provide prompt and accurate guidance to employees regarding all benefit programs including timely orientation programs.
- Maintain all personnel records in accordance with EEO, privacy, and related requirements. Advise management teams regarding prompt and accurate completion of all status changes and in assuring prompt and accurate updated information in the HRIS system.
- Promote working together with all departments to build continual improvement within the company.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.