Arconic is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic team members to join our rotational Acquiring Talent Program (ATP) as an HR Generalist-ATP
. The first rotation will be based out of Alcoa, TN or Davenport, IA or another one of our 7 US locations depending on the needs. This position may require some travel to satellite locations. The second rotation may be based out of PA, IA, TN, or TX. The rotations are designed to provide exposure and support for operations HR as well as GRP headquarters level processes and functions.About Arconic Acquiring Talent Program (ATP)
: ATP is designed to hire high-potential leaders who have strong biases toward action, the execution of business results, and achieving results. It is also designed to ensure the long-term success of our business by supplementing our current talent to fill our need for Arconic's future leaders. This program is designed as a 24-month rotational program for candidates with previous experiences they can use to launch and accelerate their careers at Arconic. Why Arconic
? Arconic provides team members with the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Arconic ATP participants learn our business processes and are given ample mentoring and instruction through developmental plans and experiencing multiple parts of our business through their rotations. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Our ATP participants are also exposed to a variety of project-based assignments which allow them to add value to the company.
This position is responsible for achieving results in several key HR functions and can take on increasing responsibilities with demonstrated success in this role. The HR generalist will partner with the HR team in translating business strategy into HR action that drives business results. The position will require hands-on expertise with demonstrated results in several of the following functions/Human Resources processes:
- Build and enhance an environment in which employees are actively and willingly engaged in helping improve the business through positive employee relations.
- Provide HR business partner type of support to customers in the plant or in support organizations.
- Strategic staffing/recruitment/talent management, including conducting new employee orientation.
- Administer HR programs, policies and procedures and respond to employee inquiries.
- Partner with the HR team on performance management, training/development and coaching.
- Maintain all HRIS records. Produce ad hoc reports and present results on HR metrics.
- Maintain the local Job Description database.
- Administer leaves of absence (FMLA, STD and Workers Compensation) in partnership with corporate Third Party Administrators.
- Prepare and maintain personnel files, ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality. Maintain other records, reports and logs, including job requisitions, I-9s, Self-IDs, Post-Offer Veterans Status, etc.
- Coordinate employee engagement activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Human Resources role, including internship experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 3 years of experience in a Human Resources position.
- Experience with industrial or manufacturing environments.
- Experience with employee relations including labor relations in an union environment.