HR Generalist Central Pharmacy Ops (Job Number: 024105)
CENTRAL PHARMACY OPERATIONS - 8350 S River Pky
8350 S River Pky
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Walgreens is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Job Summary
Administers personnel policy concerning all HR activities. Works collaboratively to provide HR support regarding a broad range of Human Resources activities including employee engagement, performance management, recruitment and selection, employee relations, compensation, employee benefits, training and special HR projects as assigned. Develops and proposes improvements to policies, programs and procedures to improve the effectiveness of HR operations and ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and EO/AA practices. Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Investigate employee concerns and respond fairly to employees, with consistent interpretation of appropriate laws and policies, and appropriate coaching to employees and management
- Plan and coordinate facility activities, newsletter, and celebration events.
- Provide advice to supervisors on methods and approaches to facilitate employee conflict resolution
- Address concerns brought up by employees; propose solutions and implementation methodologies for improving communication to all CPO staff
- Interpret, and ensure compliance with facility and corporate personnel policies, federal, state, and local laws.
- Regularly spend time in departments throughout the facility, create good working relationships, recommend and facilitate changes to create and maintain a team environment, which fosters open communication and employee participation
- May provide disciplinary measures to employees who are not compliant with policies or performance expectations recommendations to department managers and HR manager concerning termination of hourly employees, as needed
- Conduct all facets of the training process including assessing training needs, developing training materials, and implementing training plans
- Coordinate and manage hourly recruitment process by placing ads in the local newspapers and on Internet sites
- Monitor performance evaluation program for fairness and consistency
- Develop and maintain knowledge regarding employment laws, labor relations, benefits and compensation practices, and company policies that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into own best practices
- Represent Walgreens in community relations activities and outreach efforts
Qualifications Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience with principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, employee relations and HRIS systems.
Experience maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience counseling employees and coaching management
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local labor and employment laws, workers' compensation, FMLA, ADA, and OSHA.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 operation where shifts and days may change, when necessary.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in business, psychology, or a related field
- Certification as PHR granted by HRCI
- Experience facilitating training sessions.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.