HR Generalist Field - (Portland, OR) (Job Number: 023865)
Portland OR - 7700 NE AMBASSADOR PL.
7700 NE AMBASSADOR PL STE 103
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Accountable for the execution and delivery of HR products, services, and solutions to an assigned districts in support of activities to ensure HR service delivery excellence. Job Responsibilities
- Supports the HR and Talent Manager to deliver HR programs, services, and solutions.
- Accountable for identifying, prioritizing or responding to requests and issues resolution using company approved HR tools and techniques within established timelines.
- Provides support in various HR areas which may include new hire onboarding and assimilation, mergers and acquisition support, safety compliance and monitoring, performance and talent management programs deployment, and general team member education.
- Conducts training, coaching, and counseling in support of the deployment and early adoption of HQ or COE HR program roll-out. Ensures communication, training, and adoption of such deployments.
- Accountable for supporting the deployment of appropriate resources and tools into the field to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of all discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and/or municipal laws
- Supports the HR and Talent Manager in delivering development workshops.
- Provides support and coaching to store management positions as they create and act on their individual development plans. Supports succession planning, performance management, performance planning and other corporately driven talent management and OD/OE programs as directed by HR and Talent Manager
- Functions as the HR representative in conducting escalated employee investigations and collaborates with appropriate HR Shared Services team members. Escalates broader based issues to the roles immediate supervisor and/or the appropriate representative(s) within the HR Shared Services function on more complex issues
- Assists local leaders in talent acquisition activities for approved internship programs, campus recruiting, and, as needed, difficult to recruit roles, Also supports internal selection process for store/pharmacy management positions.
- Supports workforce planning initiatives for Market or Districts as directed by the HR and Talent Manager.
- Ensure that districts/stores maintain a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
- Guides the escalation and resolution of HR questions, issues and requests to the appropriate channels (eg HR Service Center), by acting as a champion of the HR shared services delivery model
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, performance management, diversity, compensation, benefits, talent management and/or talent acquisition, OR an Associate's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in any of the above HR concentrations, OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience in any of the above HR concentrations.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience delivering presentations and facilitating workshops to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Certification as a PHR or SPHR as granted by HRCI.
- Experience providing field support in a multi-site/location environment.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.