Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Serves as on-site Human Resources Generalist for one or more client groups. Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, labor relations, recruitment, training, compliance, benefits and compensation administration. Administers HR policies and procedures. Collects and analyzes HR data, assists the HR Manager with tasks as assigned and makes recommendations to Management. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provides direct support to HR Manager in various areas such as employee relations, recruitment and staffing, training and development, benefits and compensation, policy and procedure compliance, organizational development, performance management, succession planning and other corporate initiatives.
- Coordinates the staffing and hiring process.
- Investigates help line calls and resolves employee conflicts and/or questions.
- Conducts new hire orientation and other training programs.
- Assists in resolution of employee problems including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Monitors for compliance to Federal, State, and local laws and company policies.
- Develops and analyzes HR metrics, such as employee turnover reports.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 2 years of experience in an HR role covering employee relations, benefits and/or compensation (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
V. Work Environment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, time and attendance and other human resource information systems (e.g., PeopleSoft).
- Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."