Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an entry-level HR Generalist. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a hands-on style who is highly motivated to accept the challenges of working in an environment which requires consistently superior performance. Under general supervisory guidance, this role will administer select human resources programs, policies, procedures and systems; be responsible for completing special projects and assignments; and provide support to the site and the Human Resources Manager. This position is located our aerospace fastener manufacturing plant in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitates all aspects of internal and external recruitment and selection processes for hourly positions. Posts all positions on the applicant tracking system, conducts candidate phone screens, coordinates interview schedules, tracks applicant flow, and coordinates administration of various pre-placement screening processes. Completes all new hire documents and data input into the HRIS.
- Coordinates, updates and delivers the new hire orientation program.
- Processes employee status changes such as promotions, salary adjustments, new hires and terminations. Tracks and prepares reports on employee status changes for the month, quarter and year.
- Assists with the preparation and completion of the annual Affirmative Action Plan.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of Human Resources, employment, employee policies and procedures, employee records, leave of absences, benefits, compensation and employee relations.
- Advises Managers, Supervisors and leads of policies and procedures, various state and federal regulations, salary-related issues and effective human resources practices in regards to employee issues.
- Investigates charges of alleged discrimination based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin, and physical/mental disabilities.
- Handles employee relations and provides feedback to employees and the leadership team.
- Initiates and coordinates various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale.
- Maintains Arconic Self-Assessment Tool (ASAT) responsibilities/assignments to achieve minimum of "Good" rating.
- Works with location Director of Operations with regard to Arconic Foundation grant making and community development needs.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager of Human Resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of management and employees.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; with excellent time management skills
- Discrete, flexible and cooperative.
- Ability to update data in Human Resources Information Systems in conjunction with Shared Services.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Human Resources, from an accredited institution
- Prefer work experience in an office environment
- Exposure to Human Resources programs and principles (certificate completion, Internships, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a helpful
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.