HR Incentive Systems Manager, Vice President
The HR Incentive Systems Manager, Vice President serves as the in-house technical lead for the Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) / Cognos Sales Performance Management system to include programming, report building, plan set-up and maintenance, issue resolution, release and project management and general production support and testing. Further, this position is responsible for managing the vendor relationship per the production support contract and as defined in specific build and enhancement projects. The role is a single incumbent position with responsibility for supporting all ICM incentive plan processing across multiple lines of business.
The successful candidate have a drive for results, have project Management skills, solid communication and written skills, strong attention to detail, proven negotiation skills, interpersonal savvy, proven presentation skills and the ability to learn quickly.
* Reviews and evaluates technical and production support issues and prepares recommendations based on an in-depth knowledge of the problem, the system and the advantages and disadvantages of the alternative solutions. Ensures implementation of solutions, either directly or in coordination with vendor.
* Designs, develops, updates, codes and implements incentive plan models for all existing and new incentive plans including:
* Develop, build and maintain incentive calculations using Composer in ICM.
* Build and maintain components, data and rate tables including custom/structural/data tables using ICM Configurator tool.
* Utilize Plan Manager to create payee groups and payee members for compensation plans.
* Configure, build and maintain ICM workflows and workflow trees.
* Configure and build IBM/Varicent ad hoc queries Use Scheduler in IBM/Varicent to schedule jobs.
* Efficiently configures incentive plan models within the system to minimize performance/response time degradation.
* Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)During design sessions to ensure design addresses requirements.
* During Implementation ensure accuracy in execution.
* During mid-year changes and the annual system review process to ensure any required systems changes are documented and implemented.
* Create, test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs using advanced SQL and other user interfaces.
* Use analytical skills to review business processes and make recommendations for improving effectiveness, streamlining and increasing accuracy.
* Evaluate new compensation components, determine the proper business rules and calculations that apply and create design documentation.
* Assist in establishing the implementation schedule and in determining how best to phase in each business segment incentive plan.
* Leverage the system to provide value-added information and communications to plan participants.
Vendor & Project Management
* Coordinates the prioritization and resolution of production support tickets.
* Manages technical projects including all aspects of project initiation, plan development, project execution and status reporting.
* Manages annual production support contract for budget, issue tracking and SLA management.
Data Management & Reporting
* Collaborates with SME's, IT and others to develop data and business requirements to support incentive plan processing.
* Works with Incentive Compensation Analysts, vendors and others to develop and configure on-going as well as ad-hoc reporting based on business metrics, system information for end users and administrators and related analysis; includes configuring and building reports using ICM web forms and presenter tools. Performs trend analysis, modeling of plan design changes, stress testing and related activities.
* Writes queries in Microsoft SQL Server to create and upload data into tables.
* Independently codes, troubleshoots, and debugs various databases and reporting tools.
* Audits incentive compensation plans and rules reflected in payout calculations. Supports audit requirements, as applicable, by providing and/or validating data, reports etc.
Document Preparation & Training
* Prepares and maintains procedure and process documentation that aligns with the current build / system design.
* Assists in the development of communication and training materials for administrators and end users.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position at this time.
Less than 10% travel is required of this position
* Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
* 7 years working with relational databases and report writing
* 7 years analyzing data to identify, investigate and manage solutions to align technology solutions and business objectives
* 7 years working independently and providing technical leadership concerning application design and/or systems analysis
* 3 years project management experience
* 3 years vendor management experience
* 3 years of IBM/Varicent Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software and configuration experience or similar Sales Performance Management software.
* 3 Years working with word processing and spreadsheet software experience (i.e., Access, Word, Excel) including writing documentation that describes installation and operating procedures and the ability to write complex formulas and calculations, including those that involve java script.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.