Location: Gastonia, North Carolina - United States OC BUSINESS TITLE: Regional HR Leader, North America Non-Wovens Business
Be part of the fastest growing business within Owens Corning, Global Non-Wovens. The Non Wovens (NWT) business is a diverse global organization employing more than 600 people worldwide servicing its customer base with a direct sales force in all major industrialized countries, with seven manufacturing locations and three science & technology centers located in the US and Europe.
The HR Leader for North America Non Wovens is the business partner to the NA General Manager and the leadership team. This role provides functional expertise and leadership to the commercial and operations teams across North America, including three manufacturing locations. Specifically, the HR Leader is accountable to develop and execute people related strategies across the business that elevates the talent and capability of the teams in order to accelerate the business' growth agenda. Strategic thinking and organization design capabilities are critical for the role.REPORTS TO:
This position reports to the Global NWT HR Director, with a dotted line to the General Manager for North America NWT.SPAN OF CONTROL:
This position will be physically located in Charlotte, NC and will oversee two plant based HR leaders within the North America NWT business.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIESDeveloping and Executing HR Strategies:
This role develops the HR Strategy and is accountable for implementing plans that elevate the talent capability of the supported organizations, and improves organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, effectively diagnosing root cause and implementing innovative solutions. The role will be accountable to develop and share HR best practices across the businesses and function, and create talent management strategies that put the right people in the right roles to drive results.
Leading and Developing Talent:
- Partners with business leaders to execute and ensure a pay for performance culture by using the company's talent management strategies and systems
- Supports safety and engagement programs to ensure every people leader and employee are engaged and care for others, starting with safety
- Leads employee and labor relations to ensure a lean work system - This includes working with field HR Leaders to ensure consistent execution of company policy and practices and compliance with all statutory regulations as required, to avoid litigation and third party intervention
- Improves organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing opportunities and implementing solutions
- Contributes to general business strategy discussions outside of the HR arena
Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management and talent evaluation.
- Provides insight into resources and investments required to achieve the functional plans, focusing on organization design, organizational structure and people requirements
- Executes the overall OC Human Resources strategy and structure
- Develops regional talent plans consistent with the evolving regional operating model
- Utilizes competitive intelligence and external benchmarking to identify best practices for HR programs, policies, and practices
- Understands and responds to changing industry technology trends through strategies associated with talent sourcing and skill development
- Orchestrates pace and process of change to maintain and enhance organizational and employee effectiveness
- Closes the gap between talent supply and talent demand through effective workforce planning
- Ensures job design where managers are developing higher value internally and utilizing external global partners to provide the highest level of skills
- Influences leaders to develop and attract the people required to execute the Global strategy
- Supports leaders in effectively working with their employees to develop and measure progress against employee development plans, including growth assignments
- Teaches performance management standards and ensure they are executed and driving business results
- Reinforces recognition of high performance throughout the year and reward through compensation
- Provides insight into resources and investments required to achieve the talent needs of the business, focusing on work design, organizational structure and people requirements
- Functions as an effective member of the business teams
- Acts as a role model for employees' growth, development and fair treatment
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources management, business or a related field; Master's degree is preferred
- 5-10 years of progressive HR experience required, including plant HR experience.
- PHR or SPHR preferred
About Owens Corning
- Managing the Business - competes on analytics, creativity, customer driven and operational planning
- Building and Leading Teams - All about talent, inspiration, performance management, self-knowledge
- Leads with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 3-5 years and consistently delivers day-to-day results to achieve that view
- Change agent: Effectively leads change, action and results
- Business acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business; shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business
- Current knowledge of best practice human resource processes and tools including the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development and succession management, for ownership and implementation by leaders
- Excellent communication - written and oral - including presentation skills
- Customer Orientation: Strong customer-focused inclination
- Intelligent with a Bias for Action - creative, analytical, can synthesize data and multiple points of view to solutions quickly
- Business Results Oriented: Highly self motivated, energetic and results driven
- Able to work in ambiguous situations and bring solutions
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards *LI-TK1
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology