Location: Waxahachie, Texas - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Plant Human Resources (HR) Leader provides HR and business leadership to their plant site and advises the Plant Leader on all matters related to human capital. This is a key position on the Plant Leadership Team, responsible for managing and delivering HR strategies and tactics in order to improve business results. The HR leader is an effective change agent, and a positive force in the effectiveness and engagement of the workforce. The HR Leader will focus on the people side of change - including changes to business processes, job roles and organization structures. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance while maximizing employee engagement and trust in the Waxahachie plant.Reports to
: The position directly reports to the Human Resource Leader, Residential Insulation, and is a member of the HR team for the business group.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Safety
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning's stand on safety to ensure employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone's responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning.
- Incorporate the safety stand and safe improvements into all people-related initiatives.
- Live the Safety Stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Draft a personal safety action plan and deliver on all commitments
Knowing Our Customers
- Implement a personal safety action plan
- Plant Safety metrics - TIR, RIR, first aids, near misses, SAFE and Critical 6 Scores
Continuously elevates the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and selling processes. The HR leader applies this knowledge to successfully influence leaders to make the best business decisions. Metrics
Developing and Executing HR Strategies - 20%
- Feedback from plant NLT members
- Individual specific
Contributes to the development and execution of:
- the plant business strategy and plant operations plans for their assigned locations.
- the HR strategy for the plant(s) in alignment with the business strategy(ies) and operations plan(s).
The HR strategy will consist of the following and will utilize best practices to ensure outside-in thinking:
- Talent Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Succession Planning
- Growing our People
- Change management
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits (C&B) Policies and Plans
- Labor Relations and Employee Relations
Executes HR practices, working closely with the Plant Leaders, Support Staff members, Primary employees and Staffing Agencies. Provides excellent support including:
- Assists with C&B questions, problems and enrollment for all benefits plans
- Recruiting for salaried staff positions
- Recruiting for primary positions
- Leading new employee orientation and training
- Managing confidential personnel files, ensuring completion and legal compliance
- Providing general HR assistance to all employees as needed.
- Preparing headcount, turnover, and other reports as requested by Plant Leaders and Division HR Leader
- (At unionized site) Building and maintaining a good working relationship with the union and interpreting and adhering to the union contract, minimizing grievances while maximizing flexibility within the set boundaries
- (At non-union site) Building and maintaining an excellent, open relationship with employees to ensure continuance of a union-free environment.Metrics
Directing Operations - 40%
- Specific goals of the plant(s)
- Progress vs. Succession Plan. Succession Candidates - quality and readiness
- Performance Appraisals
- Individual Goals
- Employee Engagement
- Unplanned Turnover of high performance and high growth talent
- Rate of involuntary turnover for poor and marginal performers
- Develops a reputation and operates as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Plant Leader and Plant NLT members. Contributes on general operations strategy discussions outside of the HR area.
- Coaches leaders up, down and across the organization with confidence and candor consistent with My Leadership Accountabilities, The Owens Corning House, and OC Guiding Principles.
- Coaches and educates leaders so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management and compensation;
- Improving assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Creating the right work environment to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base.
- Leading through effective change management practices.
- Assesses team performance and facilitates interventions proactively.
- Creates and implements optimal organization design and structure to enable the strategy.
- Co-leads with Corporate Labor Relations to ensure labor agreements support a lean work system.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.Metrics
Leading and Developing Talent - 30%
- Metrics identified in our HR Scorecard in the areas of:
- Headcount commitments
- Talent Management
- Performance Management
- Quality of NLT
As a People Leader:
- Designs the organization to create "complete" jobs with strong accountability and development responsibility opportunities.
- Leads, coaches and teaches leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation systems.
- Effectively creates and fills openings with competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Invests in growth and development of their direct reports and other identified talent in their organization. Engages in personal development.
Leading the Plant
- Progress on succession talent plan
- Turnover of high performance and high growth talent
- Rate of involuntary turnover for poor and marginal performers
- Talent additions through external recruiting
- Inspires teamwork across each plant to maximize the performance of the site and the development of people.
- Is an effective member of the HR team of the C&I business unit.
- Is regarded by the employees of the Business Unit as a role model for their growth, development and fair treatment.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Feedback from the Plant Leaders, Director HR, direct reports and peers
- Waste elimination which ensures a productive work environment
- 5 years HR experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources management or a related field. Master's degree in business, human resources or a related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others especially those who do not report directly in the business and other functions.
- Being part of creating and accelerating a high performance organization
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent which represents the available talent pool; developing, growing and retaining talent.
- Implementing successful employee relations strategies and post contract work redesign.
- Assessing the environment and successfully identifying opportunities and closing gaps to accelerate business performance.
- Designing or contributing to designing organizations aligned with business strategy to accomplish results.
- Measuring and assessing performance including developing and implementingmetrics and operational reporting.
- Building and leading teams - All about talent, inspiration, performance management, self-knowledge.
- Strategic thinking and execution: Thinks strategically and executes strategic directions, with a lens towards creativity and innovation. Leads with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 3-5 years and consistently delivers day-to-day results to achieve that view.
- Change agent - Effectively leads change, action and results
- Business acumen - Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business
- Current professional knowledge - of best practice human resources processes and tools including in the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, and talent development and succession management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Excellent communicator - written and oral, including presentation skills.
- Matrix master - Has the ability and confidence to work with senior executives across a highly-matrixed organization to drive solutions that result in impactful, measurable results.
- Engages and cares for others, starting with safety.
- Achieves results fast, individually and through teams - can synthesize data and multiple points of view quickly and creatively to arrive at balanced solutions. Has a strong bias for action.
- Takes business risks, grows from failures and celebrates success.
- Likes people and working in teams
- Demonstrates high learning agility and continually strives to learn, grow and improve
About Owens Corning
- Intelligent and conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Flexibility to travel 15 % of the time.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology