Eaton has an immediate opening for an HR Manager located at our Washington, PA manufacturing facility.
The primary function for this position is to be a high performing business partner supporting the EP Crouse-Hinds Washington, PA site. Responsibilities include the ability to develop, direct, coordinate and maintain all policies and procedures of the Human Resources Department in accordance with legal, Divisional and Corporate guidelines. This role will be responsible for the development and deployment of HR initiatives, programs, processes, and best practices throughout the production facility. The incumbent will be accountable for managing day-to-day personnel activities in accordance with legal, divisional, and corporate guidelines.
The HR Manager is the sole Human Resources professional responsible for providing leadership and support to approximately 150 employees, of which approximately 135 are represented by a union. He or she will drive organizational change and deploy Human Resources policies, practices, and programs to manage talent, drive culture, and align the organization. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to change management, compensation administration, employee relations, management coaching, organizational design, performance management, succession planning, talent acquisition, talent development, workforce planning, and union relations.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Ensures a solid talent pipeline for the future by assessing, selecting, onboarding, and training talent, and coaching Managers on the process.
- Provides guidance on organizational design, succession planning, talent management, and workforce planning, ensuring that structure and practices are aligned with strategy.
- Builds managers' leadership capability through proactively partnering with managers, offering coaching regarding employee engagement, performance management, and retention strategies to ensure positive employee relations.
- Effectively deploys performance management systems and coaches managers on the process.
- Conducts investigations, and recommends and facilitates resolution.
- Coordinates disability claims (STD and LTD), leaves of absence (FMLA), and workers’ compensation (WC) claims with HR Services, third party administrator (TPA), and relevant parties.
- Manages relationship with the local union (IBEW), and leads grievance and arbitration procedures.
- Administers compensation plans and programs, participating in surveys and analyzing market data in order to ensure competitive market position for recruitment and retention purposes.
- Understands and considers all applicable legal implications when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor laws.
- Participates in driving the Eaton Business System philosophy to ensure standard, high quality processes.
- Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a zero incident safety culture.
- Facilitates the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- Counsel and influence leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements.
- Develops and deploys effective training process to meet the current and future needs of the strategic plans of the organization.
- Establishes diversity initiatives and maintains governmental compliance through EEO practices.
- Utilizes available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote Eaton leadership behaviors and results.
- Liaise with Corporate HR Services to provide workforce with greater HR programs accessibility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Minimum 2 years in a manufacturing setting providing Human Resources support
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and responsibilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Broad range of knowledge of and experience in labor and employment laws affecting human resources management including OSHA, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, EO11246, Civil Rights Act, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and other related laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of employment/labor laws and union tactics.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/thoughts to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Strong experience in recruiting and selection activities for all levels of employment.
- Demonstrates professionalism with all levels of employees and senior leaders
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification
- Experience working at a union facility
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.