Airgas USA, LLC is Now Hiring Human Resources Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Human Resources Manager.
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! Position Summary:
Under direction of a Region Director of Human Resources the incumbent will focuses primarily on providing customer-centric, HR consulting support for Regional Company employees. A heavy emphasis is placed on employee/labor relations and other activities including: recruitment; employee development; compensation, and compliance. Essential Job Functions:
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
- Implements and reviews Human Resource processes/systems on an on-going basis for effectiveness within the HR department.
- Provides guidance and support to line management on the human resource implications of various management decisions to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations; the corporation's policies, procedures and guiding principles; and the Collective Bargaining Agreement when applicable.
- Conducts investigations based on workplace complaints received or identified, and recommends appropriate resolution through the interpretation and fair application of company personnel policies, procedures and guiding principles thereby ensuring an effective employer/employee relationship is maintained.
- Investigates EEOC and other regulatory agency complaints and develops written responses in partnership with the organizations employment counsel, region HRD, and appropriate line management to minimize or eliminate employment litigation and financial liability.
- P rovides assistance to line management with recruiting needs by ensuring open and approved positions are appropriately posted, and assists in the candidate selection process (i.e., interviews, offer formulation and generation of offer letters).
- Facilitates employee development through the identification of training needs, career counseling, and by conducting selected human resource training programs, which provide continuous development of all employees to meet current and projected manpower/skill requirements.
- Consults with line management on compensation issues regarding employment offers, merit increases, and both commission and bonus programs necessary to continue to attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Develops and/or manages special projects on an assigned basis to enhance employee communications, training, benefits knowledge and the awareness of corporate policies, procedures and guiding principles.
- Assists in the identification, development and implementation of new or revised Human Resources systems, policies and procedures to support such diverse strategic business objectives as reorganizations, alternative work schedules, and HR work process improvements.
- Ensures the proper on-boarding of new employees and the professional exit of terminating employees with regards to company policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Assists employees in the interpretation of the corporation's various benefit programs to achieve an effective employee utilization and understanding of all such programs.
- Ensures proper authorization for all employee changes handled, in advance, from both line and senior management prior to having them processed into the HRMS/Payroll system.
- Manages the termination process as assigned within the region including: exit interviews; submission of required documentation; processing of unemployment claims (i.e., providing separation documentation to company's third party vendor), and attendance at unemployment hearings as required.
- Identifies opportunities and strategies for the management development of selected associates in assigned area, including the use of 360 feedback and other assessment tools, and by assisting in the construction of development plans and evaluating progress of plans implemented.
- Assists region HRD and regional company AVP's and/or functional VP's with organizational restructuring, i.e., consultations regarding alternatives, candidate selection, and change of status forms.
- Manages assigned follow up activities stemming from employee surveys, i.e., roundtables, action planning, and subsequent employee communications to drive positive change and two-way communications within the organization.
- Management of assigned regional company reduction-in-force activities, as assigned by HRD, i.e., review of selections, development of justifications with management; attending meetings with managers and processing separation paperwork.
- Development and co-delivery, along with line management, of Corrective Action Plans and other coaching and corrective action documents (i.e., documented warnings) to ensure the company is providing a fair and equitable opportunity for individuals to make positive change prior to deciding any adverse employment action.
- Employee file maintenance - scanning/storage of various employee documents handled (i.e., performance improvement plans, coaching and corrective action reports, etc.) into the Human Resource Efile system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume setting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- T eam oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated knowledge of HRIS, ATS systems and other related programs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a timely and efficient manner and anticipating critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of employment law, industry trends, new developments and state and federal statutes regulating human resources functions.
- Ability to adapt to new reports, functions and simple software programs with assistance.
- Understanding of confidentiality within the HR department.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to resolve both routine and non routine issues.
- Union experience preferred, but not required.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- BA/BS degree required
- Eight (8) years experience in Human Resources management roles
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to thirty (30) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.