Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 24,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Alcon is currently seeking a HR Manager for the MTO - QA division located in Irvine, CA.The purpose of this role is to lead and manage various aspects of the HR function in support of the overall business priorities for an MTO-QA Site. Under the leadership of the HR Site Head this role will provide workable HR solutions to improve organization effectiveness, and to diagnose and implement structures and strategies to drive performance; coaching and mentoring functional leaders in developing leadership and management effectiveness, including change management. Develop and execute of talent and workforce strategies to address both the strategic and operational talent needs of the site. Actively participates on the respective business team initiatives and represents the HR function in client group meetings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• First line contact for clients regarding all Human Resources activities
• Effectively coordinate overall HR support to ensure that client's needs are met in timely, high-quality fashion for staffing, employee relations, compensation, salary planning, recognition/reward, relocation and other HR related services as needed
• Able to develop strong employee relations at all levels of the organization. Balance employee advocacy with business needs
• Provide services directly to site business partners or act as liaison between clients and HR Centers of Expertise. Manage the implementation of enterprise-wide HR programs, processes and practices within client group in coordination with COEs
• Assess and prioritize functional workforce needs and collaborate in identifying solutions and leading their implementation
• Provide guidance on organization effectiveness, change and design interventions and initiatives within the respective division
• Continue to build out best in class capabilities and help the leadership team develop and acquire the right talent
• Provide management with coaching and consulting support in all areas of talent management, including selection, assessment, development, deployment, engagement and retention of talent
• Provide guidance on organization effectiveness, change, and design interventions and initiatives within the respective client groups
• Assess, prioritize, and represent divisional workforce needs to HR COEs. Collaborate in identifying solutions, taking a lead role in their implementation
• Engages in ongoing assessment of HR process effectiveness and identification of improvement opportunities and solutions.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with 7 years directly related experience or equivalent is required
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.