What you will do
Provides Human Resources (HR) direction and support for Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS). Major areas of responsibility include partnering with JCFS leadership to provide counsel, business partnership, and recommendations to drive the growth. Specific focus: Recruitment and retention of top talent, talent development and succession planning, diversity & organizational development. Partners with greater JCI and HR COEs on new HR development activities, labor & employee relations, compensation reviews, and HR program roll-outs.
Location: Milwaukee, WI, Gaithersburg, MD, or Huntsville, AL preferred. Remote/virtual (work from home) options are available
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Travel: Around 25%. Subject to change based on business need.
How you will do it
1. Ensures all JCFS HR strategies are focused on supporting the business strategic plan and assist the profitable growth of the business.
2. Provides strategic direction & oversight to clients on performance management, talent management, succession planning & leadership.
3. Demonstrates proactive thinking when addressing client's needs; solves problems quickly & effectively using multiple resources.
4. Works cross-functionally to build & deliver HR programs within JCFS.
5. Leads and manages change; effectively influence clients at all levels within JCFS.
6. Drives strategy for the recruitment, retention, and development of key talent.
7. Assures provisions of HR services are consistent with customer satisfaction and business objectives, and in a manner that promotes partnering with the JCFS Management Team to promote open communications with employees and customers.
8. Coaches & mentors JCFS HR team. Ensures approaching communication & visibility to important HR matters, laws, new policies and HR initiatives.
9. Counsels employees & management regarding career development, performance improvement, disciplinary actions, reduction in workforce, etc.
10. Provides HR & Labor Relations support and counsel regarding employee relations' issues. Investigates complaints, reviews and approves disciplinary actions and terminations, in partnership with legal.
11. Supports the company's Diversity Program and recommends goals and objectives to monitor progress towards achievement.
12. Oversees JCFS Salary Administration and Pay for Performance Program. Reviews, audits and approves salary transactions for assigned employee levels according to applicable procedures.
13. Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
14. Other duties as assigned.
What we look for
1. Bachelors' Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or equivalent. Master Degree preferred.
2. Six (6) or more years of experience and documented success in managing Human Resources practices and objectives.
3. Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into HR strategy that drives business results.
4. Proven leadership in both union and non-union environments for multi-site businesses.
5. Demonstrated in-depth experience with employee and labor relations.
6. Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, training and development.
7. Willingness and ability to travel 25%.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.