The HR Manager will partner closely with HR Lead & Business Partners for the Corporate Functions & Global Product Strategy (GPS) work groups to develop and implement HR programs, initiatives and communications aligned to the business vision and strategy. Reporting directly to the Head of HR, Corporate Functions & GPS, this role will have direct accountability to business client groups for the facilitation and delivery of HR commitments in the areas of, Leadership & Management Development, Change Management, Reporting & Analytics, Organizational Effectiveness, Culture, and Rewards. The HR Lead will partner closely with all parts of HR including Learning & Organizational Development, HR Data Management, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations and Total Rewards on a local and international scale. PRIMARY ROLE
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Provide support to the Corporate Functions & GPS HR in the areas of: program execution, process management, data reporting and analytics, assessment of talent trends, culture & engagement.
- Responsible for HR project delivery, achievement of milestones and execution of assigned deliverables.
- Provide support for planned M&A activity within network including acquisitions, integrations, consolidations, site closures, Greenfields, re-orgs, restructuring.
- Support execution of ongoing processes (Year-End, Rewards, Talent Management, Succession Planning, etc).
- Utilize WorkDay ERP to provide reporting and analytics
- Utilize other sources of data to assess trends, identify needs and recommend interventions
- Support culture and engagement work as assigned
COMPLEXITY & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Experience facilitating team effectiveness workshops and Leadership Assimilations
- Performance and rewards management.
- Ability to coach leaders through objective setting process, consistent performance feedback cycles, talent development and succession planning, year-end performance and rewards processes including performance calibration and compensation planning.
- Experience and ability to translate business strategy into HR solutions at the leadership and management level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Team player; natural collaborator yet able to take stance on tough/contentious issues
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and people management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- Applies knowledge of human resources to design and implement programs in support of the business strategy and objectives.
- Cross functional and matrix decision making across HR and across the business
- Independent judgment and decision making for management level and sensitive challenges
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Incumbent will consult, partner and regularly communicate with employees and leaders within the business and within the global HR function and corporate support functions.
- Incumbent is expected to maintain and grow external networks/contacts to enhance knowledge/experience and problem-solving.
- BA/BS required, MBA or graduate level degree in Human Resources desired.
- Minimum of 6-8 years relevant experience ideally having worked in a global role
- Experience in Bio Tech, Pharmaceutical, or Med Device desired
- Experience facilitating teams and working in complex global matrix organizations
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.