The purpose of this position is to complete accurate and timely preparation of payroll, timekeeping, and deduction transactions. The HR Operations Specialist II will run the necessary final audits of the pay areas and notify the team lead and supervisors of any issues delaying payroll or resulting in an incorrect payment prior to the completion of payroll processing for the week. This position will receive escalations from HR Operations Specialist I’s on more complex payroll, time, or deduction issues for resolution. The HR Operations Specialist II is also responsible for identifying root cause for payroll issues and partnering with the necessary stakeholders for resolution. This position will request bank funding and monitor timely disbursements for all payroll processing and non-processing transactions.
Operational Delivery and Execution
1. Responsible for execution of payroll processing and non-processing tasks to run weekly/bi-weekly payroll cycles.
2. Research and resolve payroll errors prior to funding related to taxation issues, commission calculations, or base rate.
3. Update and maintain time accruals in Kronos based on corporate policy or CBA’s for all non-exempt employee base.
4. Calculate and communicate gross/net overpayment transactions to the associates.
5. Process and balance “off-cycle” transactions (expats tax adjustments, nonqualified retiree pension payments, stock options, severance payments, AI, trimester incentives, supplemental MESIP).
6. Maintain coding structure of articles in Sales Commission Interface.
7. Manage pay rules and labor cross charges in Kronos.
8. Handle all bank reconciliations related to payroll funding.
9. Process payments to third party vendors from payroll funds.
10. Assist legal and internal audit with payroll and time inquiries.
Subject Matter Expert - Payroll
1. First level of escalation from HR Operations Specialist I.
2. Provide knowledge transfer on payroll related issues.
3. Support resource/subject matter expert for the field on resolution recommendations for complex payroll issues.
1. Identify gaps in knowledge management process and provide team lead/supervisor with appropriate updates.
2. Perform system testing prior to SAP release items as needed.
Education Minimum Required:
High School Diploma
Education Preferred Level:
College coursework in HR, Business, Accounting
Experience Minimum Required:
2+ years in payroll processing/non-processing
Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills
Experience Preferred Level:
3+ years in payroll processing with SAP
1+ Canada gross to net processing
1+ years with Kronos time keeping system
Working knowledge of CBA’s
Basic understanding of Canada tax laws
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.