- Perform complex data analysis and generate insight to support the HR workforce analytics needs of the business, to drive more informed business decisions
- Use consulting skills to determine and articulate internal customer business questions to develop the best approach for data analysis.
- Design and execute projects to analyze, interpret and recommend actions to address key workforce issues.
- Develop hypotheses, document assumptions, and analyze results as they relate to key business initiatives.
- Participates in HR analytics projects to investigate potential measures, correlations and causality connections for critical business issues
- Merge employee data from multiple systems to identify organization trends related to attracting, developing, engaging and retaining talent.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices regarding human capital/workforce analytics.
- Create and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly workforce metrics and analysis and develop processes to streamline the compilation of periodic reporting/analysis.
- Use techniques such as regression analysis, factor analysis, t-tests, decision trees, ANOVA and forecasting methods in application to business problems.
- Effectively communicate and deliver high quality analysis, reporting and presentations.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across HR and other business areas.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in in a numerical discipline such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or Econometrics.
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to build relationships with HR and cross-functional partners
- Stellar communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Expert in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other business tools
- Experience in BI tools and reporting capabilities
- Ability to learn quickly and work within tight deadlines; self-starter; must take personal initiative and willingly assume responsibility and ownership
- Ability to create ad-hoc queries, join data from multiple sources to perform complex analysis
- Experience with forming hypotheses and root cause analysis.
- Basic financial knowledge (ROI, basic understanding of financial statements).
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues, determine appropriate solutions and resolve sensitive problems.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.