Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
Coaching and Consulting
- Employee Relations: Demonstrate understanding of all HR program details and offerings. Assist employees, supervisors and managers in various employee relations issues. Seek additional information as necessary. Key point of contact in assisting employees.
- Performance Management: Assist supervisors and managers in managing employee performance
- Work with Management to write Performance Improvement Plans and oversee timely follow-up.
- Recruitment: When requested by Corporate Recruiting, partner with staffing and business lines to help managers with recruitment by assisting in the requisition and selection process.
- FMLA : Counsel employees as appropriate on FMLA, LOA, Workers' Compensation and unemployment.
Inquiry Resolution & Tracking
- Serve as intermediate-level contact for all HR-related issues such as HR policy inquiry, benefits, pay, employee information updates, new hires and termination that cannot be resolved through self-service.
- Determine necessary solutions and ensures resolution of all issues reported. Escalate issues as appropriate to senior-level HR Representative or HR Manager.
- Serve as a resource for entry-level or new Human Resources employees to address more complicated and sensitive issues.
- Follow up inquiries when resolution is not immediate to provide timing and action expectations.
- When appropriate, maintain a call tracking system to document inquiries with an appropriate level of detail.
Administrative and Professional Resource
- Maintain human resource records by documenting incidents and resolutions of problems.
- Provide support in partnership with corporate Compensation, line management and HR management on job descriptions, job design, market pricing and internal equity related issues.
- Records & HRIS: Establish and maintain department records and reports in compliance with company policy and State and Federal laws. Ensure compliance with policies and practices, such as l-9's & immigration documentation. Ensure all records are accurate and current on the HRIS.
- Terminations: Conduct exit interviews with employees upon notice of resignation. Initiate replacement requisition process. Assist Human Resource Manager with reduction in force actions, including organizing the release and separation agreements, conducting exit interviews, and setting up outplacement services.
- Contribute as a project team member on various HR and business line initiatives.
- Keeps self and others informed of professional HR trends and developments by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Work with outside counsel on Visa applications and sponsorships.
- Presents programs such as NEO, benefits, HP Works, to employee population
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Health & Safety: Support all assigned facilities safety plans in compliance with OSHA regulations when appropriate. Actively support corporate initiatives such as Eco Ideas, Wear Red, First Responder, etc.
- Affirmative Action & EEO : Ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise records, reports, and logs conforming to EEO regulations. Assist management with EEO matters and document to resolution.
- Organizational Development & Training: Collaborate with HR management on training needs. Assesses results and recommends modifications and enhancements to ensure effectiveness of programs.
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years HR experience
- Change: Is an agent of focus and change, having a vision, building a team, empowering action and making change stick
- Customer: Is concerned with customer's problems, interests and needs, is motivated by delivering Extreme Customer Satisfaction (XCS)
- Collaboration: Has the strong will to involve others and work with them to achieve greater results and performance.
- Thinking Is able to think analytically and innovatively to create powerful new concepts and breakthrough ideas based on a broad and global business perspectiv e .
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.