Location: Covington, Tennessee
Posted: February 23, 2017
Reference ID: 170002NF
As the HR Specialist to our hourly population, you will execute the full HR agenda for the manufacturing unit, ensuring a seamless delivery of operational services and solutions.
This is a hands on role in which you will support and coach line managers on all HR related tasks while delivering the long-term HR strategy. That includes leadership development, performance management, employee engagement, and talent / skills development. You will participate in ensuring that Unilever’s HR processes for talent reviews, recruitment, compensation and benefits etc.. are effectively implemented and executed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the site’s extended leadership team, you will play a key role in delivering a big and exciting change agenda for the manufacturing unit, a journey that has recently started. You will report to the HR Manager and will support the development and implementation of HR solutions by understanding how the organization works. You will be expected to consider the bigger picture at all times, making connections and drawing conclusions about the impact of activities and issues on each other.
The role is set in a production environment and offers you a dynamic, intensive workplace within a world leading, fast moving company. For the right candidate this position offers a great challenge and a big opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver HR operational support to employees, while working with the HR Manager to provide strategic direction to address business issues and manage change agenda.
• Partner with line managers on complex employee relations issues, providing advice and guidance in seeking resolution, policy interpretation and employee advocacy.
• Conduct investigations including write-ups, legal conversations, and counseling.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all key HR Tools, systems and processes.
• Supports the delivery of, and the compliance with, Unilever HR policies, processes and local employment legislation for all employees.
• Own delivery and administration of all HR transactions not provided by third party.
• Interfaces with HR service provider to ensure delivery of core HR services to the business, monitoring quality and timeliness of service provision.
• In partnership with the Training Supervisor, guide and support Supervisors in the fundamentals of learning needs and skill gap analyses and provides guidance on the range of learning interventions available.
• Manage escalation of HR support issues through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders. Act as liaison between front line managers and 3rd party HR support.
• Maintain, coordinate, monitor and report HR trends and issues within scope of work.
• Coordinate and keep up to date the on-boarding process with safety and operation teams.
• Demonstrate awareness of, utilize, and keep up to date on available resources to deliver business objectives
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
• Must have solid experience in HR operations with a minimum of 3-5 years, preferably in a blue collar environment. Your background includes experience with compensation, employee relations, general benefits, and employee coaching.
• Ability to work both independently and proactively. You have experience with change management as well as coaching of line managers.
• Flexible, curious and down to earth personality with a true passion for HR.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
• Must have a strong understanding of and be able to apply key HR expertise areas to ensure effective business diagnosis and delivery.
• Ability to continuously seek improvements in HR polices and evaluate current processes for increased efficiencies.
• Experience navigating and using an HRIS system, such as Workday or similar.
• Able to manage project/project teams from inception to completion, hitting deadlines and documenting progress.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Must take accountability for job responsibilities and complete tasks accurately and completely.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Must be able to travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
• Must be able to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
• Familiarity with national and local legislation.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory. In order to be considered, please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening, physical results and background investigation.