BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Responsible for the oversight and administration of the Personnel functions at Club level, which includes Team Member relations, scheduling, interviewing and hiring, orientation and training, benefits, wage administration, payroll, administers corrective action and terminations. Ensures compliance with applicable labor laws and company policies. Supervises at least one Personnel Clerical Team Member. Additionally, responsible for the direct oversight of the Maintenance and Food Court/Cafe; departments, ensuring Club maintenance standards and compliance with all sanitation and food safety standards. Acts as Manager On Duty as assigned. Other duties as assigned.
- Administers all personnel paperwork, including completing and processing new hire paperwork, hourly wage increases, hourly promotions, terminations, workers compensation and unemployment claims.
- Creates and controls complete scheduling process for all hourly Team Members in a timely manner, ensuring a productive workforce is available within the payroll budget.
- Supervises and directs the activities of Personnel Clerical, Food Court/Cafe, and Maintenance Team Members in most cases. Includes responsibility for hiring, terminations, corrective action, and performance appraisals.
- Ensures Club payroll is completed accurately and timely on a weekly basis, and ensures all payroll records are maintained properly.
- Performs MOD functions, including responding to front line and Member service issues.
- Actively recruits, screens, interviews, and hires non-exempt Team Members (dramatic increase in this activity during October/November/December peak season).Job postings and maintenance of applicant tracking system.
- Regularly provides direction and guidance to Team Members regarding company policies. Acts as a mediator between Team Members and management on conflict resolution and/or Team Member relations matters while maintaining confidentiality.
- Conducts Team Member orientations/training for all new hire Team Members. On-site administrator of intranet-based training and communications system to coordinate Club training needs.
- Reviews benefits options with eligible Team Members and oversees annual open enrollment process.
- Maintains files/retention and operation and legal compliance
- Constantly lifts supplies and merchandise up to 30 pounds unassisted
- Constantly walks and stands on misc. floor surfaces including concrete
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Education/Experience
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 years payroll, clerical or personnel/HR experience; must also have previous retail experience
- Preferred Experience: 2-4 years relevant experience; retail management experience
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.