Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories. Organization Summary:
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives primarily for the Human Resources business units, and the global employee community. Job Description
The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will report to the Sr. Director of HRIT Systems and is a multifaceted role that combines project management, delivery management, and systems analysis responsibilities. The TPM embodies strategic thinking with tactical execution focusing on well-defined technology roadmaps to enhance the customer experience, building resiliency to insure operational excellence, and promoting a rationalized technology footprint. A critical component of this role will be relationship management with internal business partners, third-party vendors, and internal delivery teams within the Technology organization. The successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to manage multiple work streams. This role is an individual contributor with potential have direct reports who are engineers or system analysts. This position is based in Austin, TX.
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 10 years of combined experience in technical product development/implementation, and leadership of techno-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working with packaged software for corporate operations (i.e. Human Capital Management (HCM), payroll, time tracking, benefits, compensation, learning systems, etc...) is highly desirable. Experience in an engineering or development role, leading complex development/implementation efforts in a fast-paced environment is ideal. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross-functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross-departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative leader, with a record of accomplishment of high performance that will drive change across the HR portfolio. Responsibilities:
- Lead the HRIT technical program management function across multiple delivery teams, to establish a technology strategy/roadmap for the Human Resources business area
- Drive end-user adoption of HR platforms through ongoing interaction (formal and informal) with the HR business employee community and senior leadership
- Foster business partnerships, develop trust with business partners and stakeholders, understand business needs, and seek to enable their business success
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to business and technology management on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and capacity
- Provide guidance to technology groups in their development of design artifacts and quality assurance test plans
- Responsible for HRIT program and project activities including:
- Participate in requirements management inclusive of partnering with business stakeholders to obtain and understand requirements, conduct fit-gap analysis, analyze options and designs for customer experience
- Contribute to the creation of project specific Conceptual Approach (CA) that analyzes and defines potential solution architectures and provides product recommendations as/if appropriate
- Financial planning inclusive of the creation of conceptual estimates, identifying labor costs by obtaining project specific sizing estimates from various technical project stakeholders, and identifying vendor costs (e.g., pro fees, licenses costs, hardware, and maintenance)
- Release planning and management inclusive of the establishment of the governance and cadence of software/service deployments into production environments
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- More than 10 years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design)
- 4+ years of experience in a hands on software engineering role, with demonstrated success at identifying application dependencies, increasing resiliency, reducing technical debt and promoting operational excellence
- 4+ years of project/program management, with demonstrated success in influencing technology decisions
- 4+ years of experience working across application technology stacks demonstrating knowledge on components such as operating system, database, storage, etc... in particular to the implementation and support of packaged software
- Experience with HR packaged software such as Workday, ADP, Cornerstone, SmartRecruiters, ServiceNow is a plus
- Solid experience with managing vendor relationships
- Creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of various development methodologies and their respective best practices.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long term product goals
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.