Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The HR Business Partner, Merck Animal Health will provide HR support for the US Commercial organization. The HRBP coaches the leader(s) and his/her leadership team and provides expertise in the development of the organizational talent and diversity strategy, talent management, workforce planning, organizational design, restructuring, change management, leader effectiveness, performance management, compensation and rewards, and escalated employee relations issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide HR and executive coaching support to senior leaders on the Merck Animal Health (MAH) US Commercial Leadership Team.
- Create and/or drive the talent and diversity strategy for the assigned organization.
- Support all talent management, organizational design and organizational alignment activities within client group(s). Lead client restructuring activities when necessary. Contribute to organizational change management activities when necessary.
- Coach leaders and members of leadership team(s) to successfully manage all cyclical people management processes (talent management, succession planning, performance management, compensation planning, etc.).
- Partner with the learning & development organization on learning strategies and solutions to support and enable talent strategy.
- Partner with talent acquisition organization on activities in support of the organization's workforce plan and talent strategy.
- Provide leadership and project management to critical HR initiatives across the MAH US Commercial organization as needed.
- Collaborate across the HR network and with other stakeholders across the organization to resolve escalated issues and generate solutions to enable client's business strategy.
Position may require up to approximately 20 to 25% travel domestically. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related
- Minimum 10 years' experience as an HR Business Partner, in an HR COE or in HR Operations role (with Masters' degree, minimum experience is 8 years) or related experience
- Demonstrated HR functional competence in one or more HR disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence, consult with and coach senior leaders and managers
- Ability to strategically prioritize time and problem solve against most impactful activities and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate and foster collaboration among peers and extended HR organization
- Experience navigating and leveraging HR systems and data analytics to support client consultation
- Previous HR Business Partner experience supporting a sales and marketing organization(s)
- Demonstrated experience in organization development such as organization design, change management, workforce planning
- Knowledge of employment legal practices and policies
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement