This will be a THREE MONTH Co-op beginning in April 2018. The Co-op roles are structured learning experiences where the Co-op and our fulltime professionals work together on projects within their selected profession. The Co-op role allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Arconic Hampton.
The Co-op in this position will maintain the dimensional integrity of products via continuous improvement & maintenance. Interaction with engineering professionals to understand technical requirements & resolve issues. Assist with program management of individual parts. Troubleshoot manufacturing problems & root cause analysis. Cost reduction through process improvements. Design fixtures to aid in the manufacture of parts. Basic Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a BS or MA Degree from an accredited institution in the following disciplines: Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or Metallurgy.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- SolidWorks and/or CAD experience preferred.
- Good PC skills to include Excel and PowerPoint.
- Program management skills; Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing a plus.
- Good problem solving, statistical analysis & blueprint reading skills