Coordinate work activities for Pre-Cast area (Wax, Mold Prep and Monoshell) on a daily (shift to shift) basis to meet customer delivery schedules under the direction of Department Supervisor. Schedule: 2nd shift, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates work flow through department on a daily basis to meet production schedule.
- Ensures daily production goals are met in both quantity and quality.
- Utilizes production methods that reduce cost and increase productivity.
- Observes and adheres to standards of performance, identifies and reports shortfalls to supervisor.
- Ensures maintenance of equipment by application of TPM or other methods.
- Upholds and demonstrates Howmet’s values in approach to work, decision making and interpretations of ethical guidelines and polices for subordinates.
- Maintains relationships with peers, subordinates, superiors, external and internal customers, promotes teamwork within and between departments.
- Accepts and seeks individual/self developmental opportunities.
- Works on assigned projects to meet department goals and objectives.
- Communicates verbally and in writing to peers, superiors, internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Maintains communication during shift turnover through the use of turnover sheets, updated status boards or other verbal and written means.
- Make and receives verbal and written assignments.
- Conduct meetings with team members.
- Working knowledge of all non-certified operations in department.
- Performs a minimum of 50% of the essential department operations.
- Executes assignment instructions for work during shift to align for changes, absences, equipment downtime, or necessary overtime.
- Coordinates scheduling needs with Shared Resources, Central Stores, Tool Room, and Maintenance
- Ensures adherence to work systems to include: work instructions, labor reporting, visual controls and Integrated Process Control, and audits.
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents training, communicates needs to supervisor.
- Trains operators utilizing one on one training method or other techniques.
- Monitors work environment for safety issues and acts to correct problems
- Utilizes the 5S program to maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines; this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and occasional overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.