Coordinate work activities for Pre-Cast area (Wax, Mold Prep and Monoshell) on a daily (shift to shift) basis to meet customer delivery schedules under the direction of Department Supervisor. Schedule: 2nd shift, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates work flow through department on a daily basis to meet production schedule.
- Ensures daily production goals are met in both quantity and quality.
- Utilizes production methods that reduce cost and increase productivity.
- Observes and adheres to standards of performance, identifies and reports shortfalls to supervisor.
- Ensures maintenance of equipment by application of TPM or other methods.
- Upholds and demonstrates Howmet’s values in approach to work, decision making and interpretations of ethical guidelines and polices for subordinates.
- Maintains relationships with peers, subordinates, superiors, external and internal customers, promotes teamwork within and between departments.
- Accepts and seeks individual/self developmental opportunities.
- Works on assigned projects to meet department goals and objectives.
- Communicates verbally and in writing to peers, superiors, internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Maintains communication during shift turnover through the use of turnover sheets, updated status boards or other verbal and written means.
- Make and receives verbal and written assignments.
- Conduct meetings with team members.
- Working knowledge of all non-certified operations in department.
- Performs a minimum of 50% of the essential department operations.
- Executes assignment instructions for work during shift to align for changes, absences, equipment downtime, or necessary overtime.
- Coordinates scheduling needs with Shared Resources, Central Stores, Tool Room, and Maintenance
- Ensures adherence to work systems to include: work instructions, labor reporting, visual controls and Integrated Process Control, and audits.
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents training, communicates needs to supervisor.
- Trains operators utilizing one on one training method or other techniques.
- Monitors work environment for safety issues and acts to correct problems
- Utilizes the 5S program to maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines; this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and occasional overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.