To weld repair castings that have surface or internal defects which makes the casting unacceptable to the customer. Also weld caps / core plugs on some products. Schedule: 2nd or 3rd shifts. Training on 1st shift.Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain welding equipment.
- Produce NDT quality welds using .045" to .093" diameter weld wire.
- Review, maintain, and understand work instructions.
- Log and map welds.
- Use and maintain the proper weld wire per alloy.
- Perform necessary adjustments to the power source gauges. Hold argon CFH from 5-30 CFH. Welding 70 - 150 AMP maximum, except for ECY 768 (125 amp max).
- Construct copper back-ups when necessary.
- Record data either manually or by computer as required.
- Ability to read and retain information on work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school.
- Meet the requirements of Activity Instructions 4000.205 and/or AMS 2694.
- Successfully pass the following welders certification test: Repair weld certification to ASME Boiler & PV Code Sec. IX and/or AMS 2694
- Two years-related gas tungsten ARC welding (gtaw) experience and/or training.