Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Filtration Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Neillsville, WI for a HSE Leader. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading HSE projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Develops & leads the overall Health, Safety and Environmental Management System (HSEMS) for the site. Responsibilities typically include the supervision of HSE Supervisors and Technicians, leading HSEMS Management Reviews with site leadership, training employees, interacting with regulatory agencies, leading pollution prevention efforts and health and safety management and control efforts, HSE objectives/targets, regulatory compliance, as well as maintaining HSEMS/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Anticipates, identifies and evaluates hazardous safety conditions and environmental risks.
- Develops complex hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
- Implements, administers and advises others on hazard and risk control programs.
- Interprets and applies internal and external standards in support of hazard and risk reduction and compliance.
- Trains employees and other applicable personnel on HSE procedures, practices and controls.
- Coaches and mentors HSE Supervisors and Technicians
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Develops Systems And Processes - Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Think Strategically - Recognizes significant long-term opportunities for success and accompanying risks; considers a broad range of factors and alternatives and their implications for stakeholders; develops effective, profitable approaches aligned with Cummins vision/mission/values and strategic principles.
- Analyze Issues - Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses.
- Manages Execution - Assigns responsibilities; delegates to and empowers others; removes obstacles; allows for and contributes needed resources; coordinates work efforts when necessary; monitors progress.
- Environmental Systems Management - The development and implementation of an (ISO 14001) environmental management system (EMS) promoting the continual improvement of environmental performance. The EMS should support the deployment and implementation of internal policies and procedures, the achievement of environmental objectives (site, business unit and corporate), and the minimization of our environmental impacts. The EMS ensures that we meet customer requirements related to environmental management. The functional ability to operate within the Information Technology System is integral to an effective EMS. The EMS should be structured in a manner that will facilitate the integration of a safety management system.
- Control of Hazardous Substances - Control of Hazardous Substances requires knowledge of HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response) basics, Global Harmonization, SDS (Safety Data Sheets), chemical labeling requirements, spill reporting, control methods, spill prevention, and chemical exposure.
- Incident Investigation - The method of reporting the occurrence of an occupational injury/illness, near hit, or property damage. Incident investigations determine how and why these failures occur. Employees should be able to perform a thorough, effective incident investigation including root cause analysis, 5-why analysis and development of effective corrective actions.
- Health and Safety Management Systems - An Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) management system provides a framework for managing OHS responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations. OHS management systems are based on standards that specify a process of achieving continuously improved OHS performance and compliance with legislation.
Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Engineering or Scientific field required Compensation and Benefits
Base rate commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.