The Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Advisor is responsible for the safety of all Whiting Clean Energy Employees and running the site in an environmentally conscious manner. As the HSSE Advisor, you will lead the planning and administration of activities directed at ensuring the health, safety & security of employees and compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate health, safety and environmental regulations and requirements. You will work closely with the Clean Energy team to and the Whiting Refinery HSSE team to ensure that best in class HSSE programs and processes are in place. Key accountabilities
- Responsible for the development, maintenance (updating), and controls of HSSE policies, procedures and processes, completion of compliance tasks and HSSE inspection programs, and reporting of site HSSE metrics
- Responsible for the Control of Work program, acting as the Control of Work Authority, including but not limited to: Lockout Tagout Program. Confined Space Permits, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, and Level 2 Risk Assessments
- Responsible for the site PSM (Process Safety Management) program and contractor safety
- Responsible for reporting all incidents in Traction and completing all site Incident Investigations, including near misses
- Responsible for ensuring all site HSSE training, either through face-to-face training and or CBT
- Act as Site SPA (Single Point of Accountability) and Refinery interface for the Crisis & Continuity Management Program, including but not to: Site Emergency Response Plan, Site Security Plan, and Site Evacuation
- Interface with the Refinery team for all site environmental compliance programs (Waste, Air, and Water)
- Site Security SPA and interface with the Refinery Security team. Interface with Medical Team
- Responsible for, and acting as the site SPA, for the site OMS (Operating Management System) program.
Essential experience and job requirements
- A High School degree with 8 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of relevant experience is required.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 5 years of experience in HSSE, operations, or maintenance in a manufacturing environment is required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing and presenting training
- Ability to work well with and lead others in a team environment
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety, Engineering or a technical discipline
- Strong computer skills to include maintenance management system, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
- Experience in OSHA Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of Air, Water, and Waste regulations
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "23-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.