Additional Location(s) or Information: RTP, RCDN or San Jose
Job Category: Services
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1017420
What You'll do
Technical Services is team of extraordinary technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively, while delivering the best possible customer experience. Your success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is aligned to the GTC's three geographic regions; together, they form one global, borderless TAC.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of a dedicated team focused on supporting a major service provider worldwide. Your support will include handling reactive network issues reported by our customer, supporting their core network, and routing protocols.
Who You Are
• You provide consultation to independently debug complex network problems.
• Provide systems/product training to peers within the team.
• You will act as a technical guru and will be a go-to resource for the team.
• Provide support on a world-wide basis to all High Touch Technical Service customers.
• You collaborate with less experienced engineers, VARs, OEMs & end-users, and internal engineering departments.
• Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• You are a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
• You will partner with your customer to ensure success.
• Strong protocol knowledge: MPLS, BGP, EBGP
• Routing/Switching - General knowledge of troubleshooting Routing/Switching across Cisco platforms.
• You have at least 2 years of Networking experience
• 2 years working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols
• Receives minimal supervision and provide mentorship to lower level engineers
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Ability to analyze, use and configure medium to large networks.
• You have excellent crisis management skills and ability to work critical network outages where time recovery is key
• Technical phone support
• Good communication skills
• Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus 3-5 years related experience
• Multicast knowledge
• Teamwork and collaboration, eager to learn and develop career
• Strong troubleshooting skills during critical need
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Services
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.