Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Apply human factors engineering principles to the design, development, and testing of medical products while working with cross-functional program teams. With minimal guidance, plans, schedules, and leads human factors engineering efforts for innovating new and improving existing medical products with product stakeholders (customers, marketing, and engineering).
1. With minimal supervision, leads human factors engineering work and research. These tasks provide experience and familiarization with the engineering staff, methods, techniques, theories, Baxter standard operating procedures, policies and projects.
2. Designing and executing tests to simulate product use for verifying and validating product performance, reliability, and usability.
3. Actively participate on device program teams to ensure sound human factors principles are considered and implemented.
4. Create and communicate project plans, tasks and deliverables and manage time to meet project deadlines. This includes reporting pertinent information at key milestones through clear, concise oral and written communications.
5. In partnership with other R&D teams, develop product prototypes to explore and validate user interfaces and demonstration prototype
6. Participate in efforts to develop process and procedures that align to Baxter initiatives and relevant human factors standards.
7. Provide technical supervision to less experienced human factors engineers.
1. Demonstrated understanding of user centered design, heuristic evaluations, design of experiments, and statistical analysis.verbally and in written form.
2. Understanding of HFE principles in ergonomics, human computer / machine interface, and data collection / analysis methodologies.
3. Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for human factors engineering projects.
4. Capable of handling moderately complex engineering assginments.
5. Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on a variety of technical inputs.
6. Knowledge of HFE requirements /standards.
7. Ability to solve human factors engineering problems with minimal assistance.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills in written and verbal form. Ability to decompose complex problems into actionable task list.
9. Understanding of Quality System Regulations (QSR). Understanding of design requirements for development, validation, and verification of medical products.
10. Experience with operating in a regulated environment (e.g., FDA) with comprehension of implications for medical device and healthcare application- preferred.
BS in Engineering 1+ years experience, preferred MS in Engineering
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.