Janssen R&D, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Human Factors Engineer to be located in Springhouse/Philadelphia, PA or Fremont California area.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provides medicines for an array of health concerns in many therapeutic areas, including: cardiovascular and metabolism, immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and infectious diseases. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications, both large and small molecules, and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. Within R&D, there is a significant focus on technology investments to support the Janssen 2020 strategy. For more about Janssen, visit: www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The Human Factors Engineer will work independently and under supervision of senior engineers and contribute to the Human Factors efforts for a broad range of combination product development programs, including subcutaneous and intramuscular injectors, nasal sprays, and custom drug delivery devices. This individual will work on assigned projects to provide support for the Human Factors / Usability Engineering activities in various stages of development within the Primary Container and Devices [PCD] group in Janssen R&D, This individual will conduct user research and user studies, and will develop user needs and requirements documents. Specific tasks include assisting in conducting user inquiries, user studies, data gathering, data analysis and creation of detailed user requirement documents. Additionally, the individual will author usability plans and protocols, set up and execute usability research and studies and create necessary reports and summaries for these studies.
The Human Factors Engineer must be self-motivated and be able to work in a highly dynamic work environment with ability to serve multiple projects at the same time. S/he will author, review and edit engineering documentation related to assigned projects. This includes technical protocols, reports, and design control documentation. This individual will apply advanced engineering methodologies to product development activities. S/he will maintain ownership of device specifications and participate in drafting pertinent sections of Regulatory Filings as directed. Qualifications
A minimum of a BS/BA Degree with at least 8 years of experience working in industry is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Human Factors experience is required for this role.
- An Advanced Degree, M.S. with 5 years of experience is preferred.
- A degree in Human Factors / Usability Engineering, HCI (Human computer Interaction) or equivalent with experience in device development engineering in a pharmaceutical, medical device, or other regulated environment or related field is required.
- Experience applying Human Factors / Usability Engineering, including design and execution of formative and summative studies, to the design and development of medical devices, pharmaceutical or consumer products is required.
- Familiarity with applicable HF regulations and with ISO, FDA, International regulations, and ASTM standards is a plus.
- The successful candidate must have effective oral and written communicator skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) is required.
- This position may require up to 10% travel depending on their location.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United States-California-FremontOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.