At Exelon, we've got a place for you. Exelon is developing sustainable energy to provide for the communities of today and planning for a brighter tomorrow. Exelon knows the future of energy is you.
Exelon Corporation is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, with more than $32 billion in annual revenues. The company has one of the industry's largest portfolios of electricity generation capacity, with a nationwide reach and strong positions in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic. Exelon distributes electricity to approximately 6.6 million customers in northern Illinois, central Maryland and southeastern Pennsylvania and natural gas to more than 1.1 million customers in the Baltimore and Philadelphia areas. Exelon is headquartered in Chicago and trades on the NYSE under the ticker EXC.
We know that before we can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and deliver electric and gas service safely to millions of families and businesses, we need to recognize that each of our employees plays an integral part in the process. Join Exelon and you can share your ideas at a forward-thinking company and the next big idea could be yours. You've just found Exelon, a place where you can truly shine.
Business Unit Overview:
Exelon Nuclear operates the largest nuclear fleet in the nation and the third largest fleet in the world, which represents approximately 20 percent of the U.S. nuclear industry's power capacity.
Illinois locations: Braceville, Byron, Clinton, Marseilles, Moline, Morris, and Warrenville Pennsylvania locations: Delta, Kennett Square, Middletown, and Pottstown New Jersey location: Forked River
The HR Internship is designed to provide participants with an in-depth experience in Talent Acquisition through broad exposure to HR as well as experience with project and process responsibilities. This intern will support and drive key HR initiatives such as recruiting, strategic workforce planning, performance management, policy development and more. The intern must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with Exelon standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
· Pursuing 4-year degree in Human Resources or related field or recently graduated
· Minimum of a 2.8 GPA, 3,0 in major field of study
· Candidates must be able to commute daily to the Warrenville, IL office and travel to job fairs as needed
· This position will be a 40 hours per week for 1 year, eligible candidates
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
· Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
· Works effectively and relates well with others, including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
· The intern exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships
· Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
EEO and VEVRAA Statement
Exelon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.