Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark EducationK-12 provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 division, please visit www.aramarkschools.com .
The Human Resources Manager will administer the human resource policies and procedures for an assigned unit or client account to include but not limited to: wage and salary administration, recruitment, training, employee relations, EEO, affirmative action, benefits administration and risk management.
- Assists management in determining staffing needs. Recommends and implements recruiting, hiring and retention strategies for unit.
- Reviews resumes and screens appropriate applicants. Conducts screening interviews with job applicants to determine if they are suited for the position. Ensures new hire paperwork is processed.
- Counsels employees relative to transfers, promotions, terminations and various work items.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws concerning human resources (i.e., Federal and State Minimum Wage Laws, Affirmative Action, Immigration Reform Control Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act etc.).
- In conjunction with regional human resource staff, may respond to charges of discrimination. Meets with the appropriate individuals in an effort to resolve the case under investigation. Attends all necessary hearings as a representative for the company.
- In conjunction with risk management staff, administers policies and procedures for a safe work place. Works with risk management staff in developing region specific programs. Ensures all accidents and injuries are reported to the appropriate parties.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors the hourly performance evaluation program.
- Maintains affirmative action program; maintain other records, reports and logs.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Will visit schools within the district on a regulary basis.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent with at least three years' experience in a Human Resource Generalist role. Human Resources experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work under strict deadlines are essential. Individuals should be organized, demonstrate initiative and have strong problem solving skills.
- 3 years of experience in Human Resource management.
- Supervisory experience and managerial responsibilities, particularly in the contract-managed service industry, is desirable as is the ability to manage in a diverse environment.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel are required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.