Human Resource Operations Lead
The role of the HR Operations Lead supports the delivery of the HR Strategy and processes at the Unilever Kilbourn factory. This position works with managers, supervisors and hourly employees advising on HR issues and ensuring effectiveness of processes. The HR Operations Lead serves as the first point of contact for all employee relations and general HR inquiries. Also serves as the subject matter expert in key HR processes; overseeing the execution of HR transactions; providing value added analysis and reporting; as well as other global HR projects/initiatives. It is critical to maintain a balance between providing customer service/advocacy for employees and administering company policies. Essential Job Function/Duties:
- Support HR Manager with site activities
- Point of contact for employee relations inquires, determining proper channel for resolution, interpreting policy, and advocating for employees
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all key HR Tools, systems and processes including: HRIS, Learning Management System, Compensation tools, Unilever portals, other related processes
- Own delivery and administration of all HR transactions; including those provided by third parties
- Counsel supervisors and hourly employees
- Support Managers with HR needs or business relations
- Manage escalation of HR support issues, following issues through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders
- Maintain, coordinate, monitor and report HR trends and issues within scope of work
- Coordinate and maintain updated on-boarding materials with training supervisor and operation teams
- Support union negotiation and collective bargaining agreement processes
- Conduct investigations including write-ups, legal conversations, and counseling
- Participate in AAP audits including own site and being a witness at other sites
- Demonstrate awareness of, utilize, and keep up to date on available resources to deliver business objectives
- Partner with Training Supervisor to create/deliver training
- Perform other duties as assigned
Recruitment and Selection –
Partners with Managers/Supervisors to deliver end-to-end recruitment of hourly employees. This includes contacting the recruiter, writing the job descriptions, scheduling interviews, developing interview guides, interviewing, calibration and selection of candidates, verification of proper background checks and delivering orientation. Training –
Manages implementation of Training Management System. Sets-up initial database, develops guidelines for use, trains supervisor and monitors accuracy and timeliness of information. Reports to management team on progress of implementation and roadblocks.
Partners with Supervisors and Training Lead to develop and maintain the factory skills matrix. Consults with other sites on best practice and resources.
Delivers new hire orientation to Hourly employees Employee Relations -
Trains and advises employees about ER policies and practices, ensuring they receive new information when policies/procedures implemented. Assists line managers with discipline and performance conversations.
Ensures employees and supervisors are properly administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Investigates ethics complaints, writes report and follow-up on any countermeasures from the outcome. Recognition Program - -
Program design and integration. Manages nomination, selection and communication process World Class Manufacturing (WCM) –
Assists in driving implementation of ‘22 Steps to implement a World Class approach’ along with the factory leadership team. Participates in PD Pillar, Root Cause Analysis of Safety incidents, investigation, and reporting of incidents to site Leadership team Benefits and Vendor Management -
FMLA, STD, LTD administration. Interfaces with third-party benefits vendors as well as corporate HR team when problems arise. This could be in instances of the leave of absence, benefits inquiries, retirement questions etc. Holds vendors accountable for implementing resolutions. Ensures countermeasures are in place to avoid re-occurrence.
Manages hourly annual open enrollment process from end-to end. Determines and communicates timeline. Presents any changes to employee population. Consults with employees and answers any questions. Follow through to implementation and ensures correct information in PeopleSoft. Works with HR Services when issues arise.
Reports Workers’ Compensation issues to third-party vendor. Interfaces with the local contact and investigates when additional information is needed. Time and Attendance Standards --
Manages attendance tracking process, attendance policy administration, communication with supervisors and follow-up of discipline delivery. Make suggestions for policy/procedure improvement. Communicates and implements any policy/procedure changes to Supervisor and impacted employees. HR Strategy/Projects –
Leads projects initiatives and partners with HRBP and Leadership team to support/rollout change plans. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or related field or additional experience in lieu of degree is required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of solid HR Generalist experience supporting an hourly population including experience with compensation, employee relations, general benefits, and employee coaching
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others
- Must have a strong understanding of and be able to apply key HR expertise areas to ensure effective business diagnosis and delivery
- Ability to continuously seek improvements in HR polices and evaluate current processes for increased efficiencies is required
- Must have experience navigating and using an HRIS system
- Must be able to manage project and project teams from inception to completion including hitting deadlines and documenting progress
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as part of a team goals is required
- Must take accountability for job responsibilities and complete tasks accurately and completely
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts is required
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 20% of the time
- Must be able to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment
- Familiarity in working with, and through, a third party HR support team is preferred
- Familiarity with national and local legislation strongly preferred
Previous Union and CBA experience preferred
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory. In order to be considered, please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.