Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description Job Summary
The HR Specialist
is responsible for providing support to managers and employees regarding HR policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations that promote positive employee relations. Main area of responsibility is to serve as a resource to management and employees in solving day-to-day workplace matters.
This includes conducting workplace investigations and recommending effective solutions and corrective actions in accordance with policy and applicable laws. Job Responsibilities
- Resolve general employee relations issues; provide guidance and recommendations to all levels of leadership, ensure fairness and consistency of policy and practice.
- Provide consultation to managers on policies and compliance regarding employment related matters.
- Investigate and resolve employee complaints, issues and concerns regarding employment practices originating from the employee hotline and other sources.
- Conduct interviews and prepare relevant documentation using investigation guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate resolution of complaints, develop action plans and follow up to ensure completion.
- Interact with internal (COEs, Field HR) and external resources (vendors) to obtain needed information to manage work to completion.
- Coordinate all leave of absence cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management and compliance with FMLA, ADA and all related policies and employment laws.
- Review dashboard metrics daily to optimize productivity and ensure work is completed in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Assist with HR projects and initiatives as required; monitor SharePoint site to ensure information is current and accessible.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field is required
- 2 + years of experience in employee relations or related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to influence others on policies, practices and procedure
- Effective at gathering and synthesizing information from multiple parties
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information on a daily basis and maintain confidentiality in a mature and non-judgmental manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with case management technology preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.