Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of human resource systems for the Human Resources department. Supports the environment as a first level Human Resources team member.
• Manage the Human Resources Information System (OneSource) data entry for all Cummins Business Services (CBS) US locations ensuring data integrity.
• Perform regularly scheduled and ad-hoc reports and audits. Act as the OneSource expert for the HR team.
• Ensure all transactions adhere to HR controls and compliance.
• Partner with HR Generalists to support recruiting activities for the internal professional and all non-exempt staffing processes.
• Monitor and facilitate pre-employment and pre-onboarding processes for CBS non-exempt new hires; support new hire acclimation into the organization.
• Co-facilitate the CBS summer intern program, coordinate events and activities for all CBS interns and serve as point of contact throughout the summer program.
• Own agenda management, meeting minutes, actions and follow ups for HR team meetings.
• Regularly perform administrative duties such as filing, generating letters and emails on behalf of the HR team.
• Support local activities, including Right Environment and Affinity groups as well as other activities sponsored by HR.
• Manage tracking, reporting and facilitation of confidential annual and ad-hoc employee related processes (e.g.: FMLA, Integrated Talent Management, and Merit cycle).
• Assist with communication and facilitation for all-employee events, meetings and activities (e.g.: quarterly meetings and annual open enrollment process)
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related degree is highly preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar role is preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience is required.
• Ability to manage confidential information.
• High level of attention to detail, with a laser focus on data integrity.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Demonstrate a professional, approachable demeanor, using tact and courtesy.
• Help build and support a Business Partnership environment for the HR team within the organization.
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Ability to take initiative to identify, recommend and implement improvements.
• Work effectively with all levels of the organization, across cultures, and global regions.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Benefits include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected bylaw. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins.
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.