People. Performance. Possibilities.
These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA
, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission "Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life."
We gladly welcome you to Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care hospital. Opened in 1972, Chippenham Hospital and its sister facility, Johnston-Willis Hospital, have provided and continue to provide a wide range of services to Central Virginia.
Our hospital is a Level II Trauma Center and a Certified Chest Pain Center, which means we can provide fast, skilled care in emergencies. That is why we see more adults and adolescents in our ER and pediatric ER than any other hospital in the area. We are proud to be the region's first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health (at Tucker Pavilion) and cardiovascular care (at Levinson Heart Institute).
The Joint Commission has awarded Chippenham the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, perinatal care, pneumonia, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR: Implement Business and HR strategy and programs
Advise leaders on people issues
- Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
- Implement HCA-wide and LOB or location-specific HR initiatives
- If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
Deploy development programs
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools
Support Employee & Community engagement
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable)
- Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support
- Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews)
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility "temperature" through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts
Execute HR operational excellence
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues
- Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Perform worker's comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.)
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
- Support effective leader and employee communications
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes
- 3 years of Human Resources experience
- Employee Relations experience needed
- Undergraduate degree required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom