Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) Location: Mountain View, CA Company Overview
Symantec Corporation is a global leader in cyber security solutions. We operate the largest civilian cyber intelligence threat network in the world that positions us to proactively address where companies are most vulnerable, and we're developing new offerings in key growing markets such as mobile, cloud, appliances, data-loss prevention, managed security services and authentication.
Protecting the world's information requires great people. There are people in 50 countries working on products and services that protect what matters most-from the most important information of the Fortune 500 to your family photos. Everything we do begins with what we've learned about keeping people's information secure. With the explosion of cloud services and the proliferation of mobile applications, enterprise security has never been more important. Symantec as the #1 enterprise security platform is uniquely placed to drive innovation and shape the industry. Position Summary:
The role is a career accelerator. You will be a trusted advisor to key Executive(s) and will be accountable for developing the strategy and execution plan for the talent, organizational effectiveness, and culture of the business. Think of it as being the Account Executive for Human Resources for the organization you are serving. You will be collaborating with our Centers of Excellence, the HRBP community and the Regional HR portfolio team to execute HR products and services to help the business win . And all of this is taking place in a rapidly dynamic, transforming company. Responsibilities:
- Partners with Senior Executives to drive the talent strategy for the business
- Translates current and future business needs into an overall integrated strategic workforce plan.
- Brings an objective perspective in creating business solutions. Provides insight regarding people, organizational dynamics and the business into sustainable solutions.
- Understands customer trends and cyber security needs that will impact business.
- Leads organizational assessment to actualize business strategies into actions that deliver results. Collaborates and manages relationships with other partners and key stakeholders.
- Embraces change and organizational transformation leadership.
- Has end-to-end HR global responsibility for their organizational area. Owns the HR impact for the organization, builds a strong partnership with fellow HRBP peers and COEs, and puts in place mechanisms to ensure team execution.
- Coaches Executives on leading their organization's effectiveness including assessment structure, design, and role clarity.
- Ensures the relevant HR operating mechanisms and initiatives are embedded in their client organization Typical operating mechanisms include: Predictive talent analytics and consulting, org and talent reviews, formal and informal performance mgmt. Provides input on/champions change to operating mechanisms to ensure relevancy.
- Effectively leads team to apply and influence strategic thinking, E2E, W2W and process excellence to all touch points.
- Influences the "customer back" mindset and approach throughout organization.
Knowledge, Experience & Capabilities:
- Effectively diagnose and drive solutions to highly complex business, people and organizational opportunities across multiple groups within the company.
- Partners with Leaders and enabling organizations (Talent, Finance, Bus Ops, etc.) to develop and execute on a strategic Workforce plan.
- Leads organizational design & development efforts to support growth.
- Leads the incorporation of change leadership and organization effectiveness for major structural shifts.
- Conducts VP assessments and development plans including associated internal executive coaching. Coaches leaders to create similar development plans for their critical talent
- Assesses Director and VP level candidates within their organizations.
- Delivers captivating and persuasive messages and presentations appropriate for all audiences at all levels
- Able to embrace the Symantec vision of being the global cyber security leader in protecting the world's information and data.
- Being unafraid to take on challenges you have yet to face in your career.
- Capable of being an All Star on a team of All Stars.
- Understanding about and preferable working experience in Sales or Go to Market organizations.
- Masters degree or similar level of learning preferred.
- Multiple year's of professional Human Resources or comparable experience.
- Experience in using process excellence principles, and application in solving complex business problems.
- History of innovative and creative thinking that translated into 2X+ improved results.
- Able to model and teach Symantec's business and leadership models.
- Understand the company business strategies and challenges,
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to influence others.
- Willing to live change everyday.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.