People. Performance. Possibilities. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources team... supporting the mission of HCA, one of the largest healthcare providers in the world: "Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life." HCA's HRG (Human Resource Group) has recently expanded the ways that it provides service to leaders and employees by unifying our HR team to offer new services for caregivers including our 24/7 HCA hrAnswers Center and Portal, new capabilities with our expanded Centers of Excellence, and new business impact through strategic HR Business Partner teams. There's never been a more exciting time to join HCA HRG.
Osceola Regional Medical Center (ORMC) is a Joint Commission accredited 332-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. ORMC is conveniently and centrally located in the heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. Completed in 1997 with over $125 million in expansions, ORMC is designed to be patient friendly and blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients, family and visitors. Our reputation for providing compassionate and innovative care to those in need is built on the foundation of excellence in patient care. HCA's quality programs have been recognized for excellence by US News & World Report, Thompson Reuters, and the American Heart Association, to name a few.
Osceola Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has an opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP). This individual will engage designated leaders (CEO, CFO, CNO, Department Directors, etc.) to understand talent needs of the business and define people strategies as it relates to the needs of the hospital. Specifically, the HRBP will be primarily supporting leadership within ORMC operations. This position requires someone who is comfortable with both tactical as well as strategic HR functions. HCA HRG has recently undergone a transition from a generalist to a business partner strategy, and has transition into a human resources
process (shared services, COE's - Centers of Excellence, self-service portal access, etc.) as part of HCA's Human Resource Group (HRG). ORMC is an extremely active, fast paced environment that's continuing to grow and is one of HCA's most valued hospitals. We are looking for an HRBP who can engage both leadership as well as employees, keep up with the demands of HR and provide the best experience possible to all stakeholders.
The following is an overview of the position:
Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies.
- Implement HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives.
If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
Advise leaders on people issues
Deploy development programs
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools.
- Employee relations activities as necessary (plans of action, separations/terminations, etc.).
Support Employee & Community engagement
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
- Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support.
- Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews).
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility "temperature" through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts.
Execute HR operational excellence
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence.
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers.
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance.
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate.
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues.
- Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders.
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level.
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Perform worker's comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.).
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
- Support effective leader and employee communications.
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
- 3 years of professional HR business partner experience (performance management, change management, engagement, retention, succession planning, etc.)
- Strong employee relations background (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues - corrective actions, disciplinary discussions, etc.).
- Healthcare and/or hospital experience highly preferred.
- Communicate HCA's company policies and practices, respond to questions regarding interpretation, and provide advice and consultative services to HCA's employees and leaders enabling them to make informed business decisions as it relates to human resources.
- Working with data/metrics; any exposure to Lawson/Taleo is ideal. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., along with data oriented decision-making/experience is a must.
- Undergraduate College Degree Required.
- Special Qualifications
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom