Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
You will act as a Consultant by providing HR advising, executive coaching, insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenge and leader development. You will also engage in the development of successful business strategies.
For Organizational Effectiveness & Leadership Development, you will diagnose and clearly articulate the root causes of organizational performance. Anticipate the need for change, and influence action before a crisis or inflection point arrives. You will conduct leadership assessment and organizational planning to identify next generation leaders. Advise on development of key talent collaborating with Country HR as necessary.
- Business HR Operations - In partnership with the executive clients, ensures excellent planning and implementation of key HR activities:
- Support key hires and ensure timely exits. Work with Recruiting on key hiring projects for the business.
- Advise on performance and quarterly rewards planning processes and compensation activities during the year. Ensure end-to-end HR service delivery by maintaining partnership across all HR functions. Connect leaders and employees with appropriate HR Resources. Support all employees with performance behavior gaps and handle labor relations cases.
- On an ongoing basis, apply advanced knowledge of employment law, experience and good judgment to quickly resolve all labor relations issues for the relevant client groups. This might include preparing and approving Performance Improvement Plans, conducting employee meetings, internal investigations, external investigations and exit interviews.
On a regular basis, this role will anticipate and actively work with the various leadership teams, and the executive leaders to ensure and maintain appropriate staffing levels. This position will work closely with the Recruiting team, and Compensation and Benefits to ensure that recruiting support to these organizations is provided and delivered. This may include collaborating with an immigration attorney, negotiation of offers and appropriate on-boarding planning.
- Ensure employees have effective tools and training to support successful work performance.
- Act as the Splunk Cultural advocate and steward; propose and initiate ideas to improve Splunk culture and employee engagement.
- Prepare, maintain and use meaningful data to inform and build insights for client groups.
- Develop and refine organization-wide and site-specific Human Resources solutions and practices as needed and or directed to implement, or with, federal, state and local laws and improve maintain the quality of Splunk culture.
- Thinking Strategically- Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that pursue complex business challenges to address org issues.
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen - Working knowledge of people management skills. Familiar with the end to end HR functions including staffing, total rewards, learning & development. Understanding of current legal, regulatory and governmental labor environment.
- Business insight - Understand organization's business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends.
- Partnering and influence - Present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions cultures, including upward when necessary.
- Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with all levels of employees and management are required. Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills are required to provide labor relations support as described.
- Good planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are critical. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. The ability to handle performance is also required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is important, and excellent customer service skills.
- 10 years of progressively responsible HR experience required.
- Previous experience in the software industry preferred but not required.
- Maintains an awareness and currency of Human Resources principles and practices. This may involve attending advanced training sessions or meetings in which information is imparted and discussed. This may also entail participation with and maintenance of memberships with professional work groups; attending trainings, seminars, and other business-related conferences; collaborating with peers.
- You have solid knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development. Masters Degree preferred not required.
Travel to our remote offices. Some international travel is required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.