Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description This position is located in Yosemite National Park Job Summary:
Manages processes and provides support to the human resources department, including but not limited to, on-boarding, staffing, housing, benefits, labor relations, training and development, and employee relations. Relies on education, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Human Resources Manager ESSENTIAL TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome and assist employees with questions when they come to the HR office
- Answer phone calls and Yosemite HR Email account
- Assist with on-boarding new associates
- Prepare and email award letters, interview letters, and employment details letters for new associates.
- Call associates to explain offer of employment, and answer all pre-arrivals questions
- Track new hires arrival list for Yosemite team to have accurate numbers in orientation classes and housing.
- Responsible for producing new hire packets, checking all completed packets for compliance, processing any new hire paperwork including waivers, union dues, etc.
- Assist and understand all aspects of safety including reporting procedures, record maintenance, and workers compensation
- Understand the progressive disciplinary process and assist with policy enforcement, consistency, understanding, and file maintenance.
- Partner with the HRM to participate and witness disciplinary sessions, employee roundtables, and investigations for your development.
- Responsibility for assisting with employee benefits including open enrollment, layoff periods, and inquiries regarding benefits
- Help facilitate any training programs such as new and returning employee orientations, safety, operational, student manager, etc
- Manage hourly active and terminated files and I-9 Forms in accordance with Aramark policies
- Verify section two of I9s
- Track and distribute manual and payroll checks.
- Assist with maintaining all documentation for J1 visa holders.
- Maintain Employee portion of location Communication board
- Order office supplies in line with office needs and budget.
- Compile unemployment information to TALX and participate in hearings
- Process all Employee Life cycle Changes including, LOAs, Transfers, Terminations, etc.
- Update and process changes to personal information such as address and name changes
- Manage housing application site and assist Housing Managers with applications and tracking housing.
- Other Duties as assigned
Successful HR coordinators should possess effective communication and organization skills, the ability to adapt to change, and the ability to build business relations at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a related field
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.