Digital Human Resources
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Human Resources Director
HR Client Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
We currently have an opening for an Human Resources Director at GE Digital's HQ in San Ramon. We are looking for a visible, interactive, trusted partner to help execute the people strategy and influence the culture within Engineering and Product Management organizations.
The San Ramon location has grown from 0 - 1400 employees in just 4 years and the business continues to grow. We are building cutting-edge IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS products for the Industrial Internet and hiring the best software talent in the Bay. This is a great time to join the GE Digital HR Team!
* Execute on the People strategy by translating the high level business strategy and building organizations, programs, and the supporting culture
* Influence from a strategic and technical standpoint across the business
* Influence and help build a culture where talent thrives
* Bring in contemporary practices to assist the HR and business leadership to drive a more collaborative, agile, risk taking, fast decision-making culture where employees feel valued & excited about the opportunities that GE Digital can offer
* Lead the org design initiatives to ensure the optimum operating model and structure and help the teams scale
* Coach the leaders the and act as a change-agent as the business continues to evolve and build out mature functions
* Lead initiatives ranging from work force planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, employer branding, and employee experience
* Influence the talent decisions by keeping a pulse on the business, teams and the industry
* Partner with the Talent acquisition teams, Compensation team and the Talent development teams on the talent management strategy and attract, hire, engage and retain world-class talent
* Provide coaching to leaders on change management, compensation, retention, engagement, talent assessments, and performance management
* Coach managers to ensure team priorities are laser focused, on-strategy, & drive customer success
* Drive employee development: coach managers to create meaningful, personalized development plans
* Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with 6 years' progressive HR experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with 8 years' progressive HR experience
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
* Ability and willingness to travel 25%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience in high growth Technology/software organizations
* Demonstrated understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
* A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leaders on strategic initiatives
* Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective decisions
* Tenacity and ability to communicate, influence and problem solve with all levels of leadership and personalities
* Strategic mindset with willingness to roll-up the sleeves
* Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
* Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive / diverse workforce
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.