Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
The HR Director assumes the role of the lead HR business partner for theNew EnglandRegion. This key member of the leadership team is responsible for setting direction, embracing and incorporating the Human Resources strategy for the Spotlight New England Region. The major areas covered are employee engagement, organizational planning, staffing, organizational development, performance coaching, talent management, diversity, employee relations, and compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This role is responsible for the development and integration of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Work with Regional VP and leadership to create a high performing culture across the region focused on open communication, maximizing talent and driving high levels of service to internal and external customers.
- Work closely with leaders to understand their specific human resource related needs and work with them to develop and implement solutions to best support their goals and remain in alignment with the expectations of the overall organization regarding human resource policies and procedures
- Provide HR business support, guidance and direction to senior leadership team to achieve business goals and objectives for the Region
- Develop and implement effective recruitment, performance management and talent management strategies to ensure the right people are in the right roles at the right time
- Identifying new business strategies to grow both people and revenue
- Continue to improve and upgrade HR function through knowledge, experience, and "best practice" philosophy
- Provide advice and consultation on complex employee relations matters
- Lead managers and supervisors through employee counseling and corrective action; advise management of the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Create an environment that encourages open communication, sharing ideas and best practices and building strong cross-functional relationships
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in HR Management or related field.
- Demonstrated mastery in HR (minimum 10 yrs) & experience supporting remote/virtual teams
- Travel required (25-30%) predominantly within the New England region
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Experience working with sales teams
- Media experience
- Strong understanding of employment law
- A balance of strategic perspective and tactical (hands on) focus
- Strong level of interpersonal and political savvy with demonstrated capability to interface and build relationships with Sr. Executives, middle managers and frontline employees in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated personal & professional credibility through accuracy, consistency, meeting commitments, interpersonal skills, confronting appropriately, integrity, thinking outside the box, and confidentiality
- Must have strong change management skills including problem solving, creating meaning, innovation and transformation, relationship influence, and role influence
- Strong business acumen, including financial capability, strategic capability, and technological capability
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and organizational abilities
- Ability to make informed decisions and choices based upon priority, business necessity and bottom line impact
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities with a high capacity for heavy volume
- Strong facilitation, conflict resolution, project management and investigative skills
- Ability to provide excellent, timely customer service in a fast paced environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer