Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
The Human Resource Director will provide leadership and generalist support for dining and facility operations and is responsible for providing strategic direction, and professional consultation to senior level and field operational leadership and their respective clients on all matters involving human capital.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the Higher Education sector as well as the operational leaders to implement human capital strategies and execution in the areas of talent management, organizational design, change management, training and employee relations. The ideal candidate will partner to implement strategic plans, deliver consistent and effective enterprise processes while pro-actively leading change and driving overall organizational engagement. As part of the senior leadership team, the individual will partner with the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources and other directors to shape and deliver to strategic business initiatives in all areas or Human Resources.
The Human Resource Director implements key Human Resource strategies within a region including: training and development, succession planning, compensation planning, benefits, employee retention, performance management, talent acquisition, labor relations and employee relations. Directs Talent Management initiatives including, on boarding, employee training coordination and delivery, evaluations, organizational development and employee retention strategies.
- Partners in addressing organizational design issues and opportunities across client groups, providing counsel on organization optimization, including restructuring, realignments, and other methods for optimizing people resources.
- Leads Employee Engagement activities and impact planning for area of responsibility.
- Develops, interprets, and ensures the compliance of policies and procedures.
- Coaches and advises leadership and management on all employee relations issues. Conducts and resolves employee investigations in a timely manner in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Directs Human Resources programs covering employment, on boarding, training, compensation, AA/EEO compliance, safety and health, benefits, employee relations, record retention etc. in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Participates in sales presentations as appropriate.
- Provides leadership to regional and site based human resources professionals.
- Acts as a strategic business partner and liaison by helping to direct solutions to business problems and ensuring the efficient delivery of HR programs and services.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred with at least 7+ years experience in some combination of generalist and specialist roles.
- Ability to influence, lead change and role model positive behaviors that drive business performance.
- Previous Human Resources experience across multiple client groups and markets.
- Previous Human Resources experience with collective bargaining units/unions is required
- Experience and demonstrated success in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Supervisory experience, especially within a market-distributed organization.
- Previous experience supporting large employee populations
- Experience working within a HR shared services environment
- Excellent verbal, platform and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.