Under general direction of the Human Resources Business Partner for Health Systems, the HR Generalist manages all human resources related functions within our American Health Packaging (AHP) business. Responsible for the planning and execution of policies and procedures relating to all phases of human resources activities. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Assists the management team with all required forms and notifications for various Human Resources related information such as, new hire, terminations and salary increases.
- In conjunction with the HR Advisor team, manages associate relations for associates such as disciplinary issues and termination.
- Provides coaching to line leaders to support human resources management, problem solving and performance management for associates.
- Partners with the HR Advisor team to ensure that all FMLA and other forms and communication relative to Leave of Absences are completed and provided on a timely basis in accordance with Federal and State requirements.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team on recruiting for open positions including market labor analysis and advertising and coordinating the logistics for Job Fairs and Interview days.
- Participates in the recruiting process by reviewing resumes, interviewing and working with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to select skilled applicants in order to fill any open positions.
- Conducts new hire orientation and open enrollment meetings as well as specific location onboarding plans.
- Completes all reports / logs and associated documentation required for compliance and completion of Affirmative Action plans.
- Provides training and education to associates on various compliance-related topics such as worker's compensation, affirmative action, workplace violence, sexual harassment and performance management.
- Delivers targeted HR training to the facilities including leadership training, learning map training and developmental training to the warehouse associates in the facility.
- Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process in order to compile measurable data relevant to turnover and attrition.
- Provides local administration for various companywide programs as assigned.
- Serves as a point of contact for various associate related records and files such as vacation and overtime logs, as well as Kronos time management.
- Acts as communication conduit to lead team members, HR Business Partners/Senior HRBPs on HR policies and legal compliance and the potential impact.
- Provides communication on changes and updates on all HR programs, policies and benefits and compensation programs.
- Promotes and encourages positive working relationships with and between associates as well as external contacts; assists in organizing and managing associate events including engagement activities.
- Minimal travel.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Normally requires a professional license or certificate in specialized field; Professional Human Resources (PHR) preferred. HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective presentation skills
- Strong training and associate relations experience
- Ability to counsel management on associate relations issues; ability to deal with sensitive information
- Ability to participate in major organizational change initiatives
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite