Human Resources Generalist MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a high level of customer service to employees and managers as the front line contact for all HR-related matters.
- Resolve issues related to payroll, HR information systems, short-term disability, leave of absence, unemployment claims, worker's compensation, etc.
- Support talent acquisition; partner with key internal and external counterparts (e.g., business leadership, hiring managers, recruiters, external partners, universities, etc.) to effectively plan, source, select, hire, integrate and retain talent.
- Accountable for record keeping, data analysis and reporting for trends related to key performance indicators (e.g., retention, hiring, and other talent related activities).
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and posting requirements.
- Provide guidance on the discipline process, coordinating with employee relations when necessary. Assist with the resolution of issues related to employee performance, code of conduct, complaints, terminations, etc.
- Answer questions and, with HR Manager guidance, handle issues regarding pay equity, promotions, demotions, transfers, starting salaries, pay for hourly employees, and special localized market pay studies
- Support performance management and salary administration process.
- Lead key one-time projects that improve HR processes and promote best practices.
- 3-5 years HR experience, preferably in a generalist role.
Other important skills/qualities:
- Masters in HR and/or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Sense of urgency and ability to work within a fast paced environment required.
- The ability to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, particularly advanced Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.) is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.