SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is to assist in managing projects or tasks related to the administration of various benefit programs, oversee plan implementation and modifications. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid's brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Experience / Requirements
- Manage compliance areas including SPD review, plan document review, communication of federally required notices and submission of quarterly state compliance or annual federally required filings in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Build relationships with vendor partners to ensure Rite Aid's objectives and service levels are continuously met
- Provide support consisting of coaching and mentoring to Specialist, Benefits in project management, plan implementation and modification, complex associate issues and compliance areas to mitigate audit risk.
- Oversee analysis and reconciliation of data/asset processes on a recurring basis to ensure correct data/funds are being transferred to record keepers/vendors/banks
- Research variances from budgeted amounts for vendor expenses to maintain and validate the benefits budget
- Document processes/procedures for procedures guide and update established procedures and forms as necessary in support of the proper administration of benefit programs
- Translate plan knowledge and subject matter experience into recommendations for management to improve the associate experience, operation execution or communication
- Provide responses to benefit inquiries of varying levels of complexity as received from associates, vendors and/or legal professionals
- Document verbal communication and/or provide written follow-up for complete historical records of benefits transactions and case information
- Five (5) years' of experience in Human Resources, Benefits Administration, Retirement or customer support environment required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting or related field required
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.