Overview Who are we?
TEKsystems ® Inc. is a leading provider of strategic IT staffing and Global Services for 82% of the Fortune 500. Ranked #1 in the industry by IT Services Business Report since 2001. We are the nation's largest IT staffing firm. We leverage our core competencies to offer a wide array of IT services. As a division of our parent company, Allegis Group, TEKsystems ® has over 100 offices throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. A three billion dollar company, our best-in-class staffing and project delivery processes, coupled with the core values that guide our company culture, fuel our success. Why us?
TEKsystems ® offers great opportunities for advancement, personal and professional growth, and unlimited earning potential. IT markets are outperforming the rest of economy, and we are growing at a rapid pace. TEKsystems ® seeks professional individuals with competitive spirit, drive, team mentality, courage and commitment, who have demonstrated perseverance, and are looking to build a long term career in a sales driven environment. There is growth potential within the organization including a defined career path. General Description
The Human Resources Generalist assists in the implementation of Human Resource services, policies, and programs in support of TEKsystems Global Resources (TGS) goals. The HR Generalist will partner with the HR Global Services team to support an employee-oriented, high performance culture which emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and ongoing development. This position provides high quality, proactive and professional day-to-day service to both internal and external customers. This role will be centrally located in Baltimore, Maryland and mainly support the East Coast regions. May require up to 20% of travel. Responsibilities Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Education and/or Experience:
- Serve as the HR point of contact for managers and employees; strong partnerships with Recruiting and Support Services teams
- Handles TGS employee relations counseling, in accordance with various regulations and human resource procedures; can take up to 40% of the workload
- Provides guidance on and assists in administering disciplinary action when necessary
- Trains and educates Global Services managers and employees on human resources procedures, as necessary
- Recommends and assists in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures, in order to increase departmental and organizational efficiency
- Works closely with local leadership and attends monthly operations meetings to recommend improvements to site-wide processes
- Audits human resource processes within Global Services to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as TEKsystems standards
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals; performs gap analysis and provide recommendations, as necessary
- Provides support with Global Services on-boarding and exit processes including but not limited to: onboarding surveys, exit interviews, and unemployment claims
- Supports HR Manager with projects, including compensation analysis, job descriptions, and report summariesSpearheads routine reports for the Human Resources Department, including but not limited to: attrition, headcount, and training progress reports
- Partners with Professional Development team in development and maintenance of manager curriculum trainings, i.e. participant tracking and content updates
- Partners with Legal team in researching and responding to EEOC charges of employment discrimination
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned based upon business needs
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years Human Resource experience
- PHR Certification preferred
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with all levels of employees and leadership
- Knowledge of employment laws (e.g. Title VII, ADA, FMLA, USERRA, FLSA, etc.)
- Strong background in customer service
- Quarterly travel to Phoenix and Hanover corporate offices, may be required
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Strong presentation abilities and negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- Action oriented and able to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
Employees receive a competitive base salary, commission, and an exceptional benefits package including a 401(k) company matched retirement savings plan, parental leave and vacation, personal and holiday pay.
- Medical - BlueCross BlueShield Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental - MetLife
- Vision - Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Insurance - Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Additional benefits include:
The Company is a equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Education assistance
- Employee discounts on cars, electronics, travel, etc.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.